“Lovely Stay At Its Bayside Bungalows”

Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

This is our third stay at LCBR, but it has been four years since our last stay. The food at Market restaurant is sub par, but the suites make up for it.

Each time we stayed at the bayside bungalows. The bungalow suites have unobstructed views of San Diego skylines, the bridge, and the bay. We booked the Bayside grand suite with a connecting bayside grand double room, which gave us two connecting balconies, two bathrooms, a large living room with a pull-out queen sofa bed, large dining area that seats six, a wet bar, and a fill size refrigerator. Our extra large balcony is practically over the water (I mean literally with high tide.) with tables and loungers that comfortably seats six (great for families).

IMHO, the bayside bungalows at LCNR is the best secret in town and worth every penny if staying on Coronado.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Moonlight
Jason M, Front Office Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to welcome you back for a 3rd visit with us. Beyond the enjoyment of the Bungalows I hope you were able to enjoy the newly renovated lobby and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for a fourth visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

This resort is set back further than Hotel Del and gives a quiet setting with great views of the San Diego skyline. This was our 3rd stay at a Loews and each time we have found the resorts to be pristine and very well kept. The rooms are the nicest of any hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel a lot.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Paulmichellemartinez
Jason M, Front Office Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to hear you continue to have wonderful experiences throughout each visit. I’m glad the rooms are some of the nicest you have stayed in and they will continue to be as this fall we will be adding some upgrades to them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for a fourth visit!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Just finished an eight night stay at the Loews on Coronado Bay and let me say it was a fantastic stay. We went there for our honeymoon and we couldn't have had a better stay. The staff was one of the friendliest out there. We were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge for our honeymoon which was a great surprise when we got there. Spacious room with a great bed got some great nights sleep every night the views from our balcony were great. I know that some people wrote that it was pretty far from town but I think being that far from town made it feel kind of secluded as opposed being right in town like the Hotel del Coronado for example. Out of town equals a very peaceful setting plus its only about ten minutes to town so not that big of deal in my book. Concierge took great care of me when I wanted to get some champagne sent to our room. It was there when we got in in the evening just as I had requested. If you are looking for a romantic getaway book a room at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to hear you had a wonderful honey moon. I’m delighted you decided to spend such a special occasion with us. Your comments are very nice regarding our staff and they will be shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for an anniversary celebration.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I am used to staying at Holiday Inn Express. I got a deal on Hotwire.com for this place at a similar price. They only fault I would give them is that they charge for every little add on they can. $12.95 for internet, $25 for parking, $10 fitness center / spa access, $3.00 bubble bath. Breakfast not included. I enjoyed the jacuzzi in the pool area and the gardens on the grounds. They also had live birds tennis, pong, kids area and are pet friendly.

Room Tip: 1000 and 2000 series are closer to services.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, very nicely designed with a beach/sea motif, but it's secluded from the rest of Coronado and San Diego so unless you are finding something to do onsite, you are driving a bit.

When we arrived we were asked if we want to self or valet park, which is largely a decision you want to make when you find out where they have placed you since the rooms span four buildings which run to the East of the lobby.

The room we had was fine, with a decent view of the bay.
Nice, very big bath tub, with a good shower.
One oddity was that instead of conditioner, the maid had placed moisturizer in the shower. No big deal, just had to take a few rinses to get it out.

Food was not excellent, we ordered steak through room service and it wasn't great.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I truly appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping and Executive Chef so that they may address concerns with team. Your comments will allow us to address the issue so you do not come across these inconveniences again. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

If you're going to Coronado, stay at the Del Coronado if you want to experience the area. The Loews resort is several miles (4) south of the action in Coronado so it's not an easy walk. It's also not facing the Pacific (it's bay side) so you need to do a walkabout to view of the ocean. The property itself is so-so; the restaurant service was average at best, the food quality average at best and the room quality average at best.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was my first experience at a Loews Hotel and I can honestly say that I was impressed. The staff at the hotel, especially Concierge Gordon Berry, went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and special. During my stay, I was looking for a good place to eat in the Gaslamp District and Gordon gave me the names of several restaurants and suggested Croce's. He made a reservation for me and since the restaurant was near his residence, he even gave me a ride there! We had the best conversation on our little journey to the restaurant and I had a wonderful meal after I arrived. Thanks to Gordon, I have an excellent impression of Loews personnel and the "can do" attitude they possess.

The little gift shop by the concierge stand is also a nice touch. The clerk in the store, Teresa, was very pleasant and courteous in helping me pick out souvenirs for my wife and kids.

My only complaint would be that the guest rooms need more outlets for electronic devices and the meeting room where our convention was held was quite chilly. Other than that, everything else was excellent and I look forward to coming back to stay again (next time with my family)!

Room Tip: Guest rooms are located in several attached buildings. Buildings 1 and 2 are closest to the main lo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I truly appreciate your feedback and have passed on your kind words to our concierge and gift shop teams. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coronado
Hotel Marisol Coronado
#1 of 17 in Coronado
Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 278 in San Diego
Hotel del Coronado
#9 of 17 in Coronado

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!