Loews Coronado Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
4,670 results
All reviewsmarket cafemistral restaurantsan diegosilver strand beachping pongshuttle servicefree shuttlegolf cartconcierge deskpool area isan adultrental carself parkingbusiness conferenceper dayboogie boardsfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My family and I stayed here recently for a company retreat. This was our first time on Coronado. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There was plenty of activities to do on property for adults and children. Our entire family had a wonderful weekend. We will make plans to stay at Loews Coronado Bay Resort on our next trip to San Diego. Many thanks to the entire staff that made our stay so memorable!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank K B
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled that you and your family had a wonderful weekend at Loews Coronado Bay, and that you were pleased with the staff and activities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I were looking for a quiet vacation on Coronado Island. Found it with Loews. Family oriented hotel that allows pets. There is a swimming pool for kids and another for adults. Come see the giant chess board next to the pool. The hotel has a teen and kids rooms in the hallway. Located away from the crowds at Coronado. Having a birdcage that looks like a hotel was a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Stephen M
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We're thrilled that your family was able to have a quiet vacation here at Loews Coronado Bay. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Three friends and I (all moms of small children) had a much needed staycation at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort - it was perfection! Our room was spacious and bright, with a extremely large patio over the hotel grounds. We were welcomed with a banner with all of our names, chocolate covered strawberries, snacks and wine. We all felt so special! Brian Manning really took care of us!

We lounged by the beautiful pools, had happy hour overlooking the bay, took a long walk around the property and surrounding beaches, and just enjoyed ourselves! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone - any age and any demographic. We are already planning our next weekend there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer E

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us. We're delighted that your much-needed staycation was perfection and that you enjoyed your guestroom and resort amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next weekend at Loews Coronado Bay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently came here for a little four day retreat. Even though the place is awesome, what separates this resort from others is the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Mr. Gordon Berry who went WAY above and beyond the call of duty. He is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and more than happy to help.

I got engaged on this trip and he did everything he could to make everything extra special.He's an awesome guy that is an example of how passionate and attentive everyone in his position should be.

I highly recommend the Loewes Coronado Bay Resort- I'll be going back just as soon as I can find the time.

Room Tip: You can bring your dog! How great is that?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sergio M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and congratulations on your engagement. We're so pleased that you found our staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful -- notably Gordon, who continuously goes above and beyond for our guests. He's such an amazing part of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Loews Coronado Bay Resort is one of the finest properties I've ever stayed at. The lobby is fantastic and the bars and views are straight out of a movie. My wife and I went along with our 20-year old daughter and 13-year old son who were equally impressed.

We stayed in a poolside room and loved it. I know others prefer the bay side, but we loved watching the poolside activity and when we weren't down by the pools ourselves, we were sitting on the deck overlooking the pools.

We stayed two full days and evenings and loved them both. We had a car and it is an easy 10 minute drive into Coronado. We were there the Thursday and Friday leading into Memorial Day weekend so we could see the town and the resort filling up on Friday.

We loved sitting by the pools and taking advantage of all the activities. My wife and I did Happy Hour by the pool each day, and the kids enjoyed some nachos and chicken fingers. My son and I played countless games of ping pong, used the exercise facility, he went down and shot baskets one day. Fun times. We used the pool during the day, which fortunately was heated as our temps hovered in the high 60's-low 70's while we were there. We used the hot tub in the evening. We walked across the highway and took a walk on the beach both mornings we were there, we found countless shells of interest, including complete sand dollars that are always a highlight for my wife. The beach itself is just okay here, lots of seaweed type stuff all over the beach, so it is better for walking than sun bathing, especially when we were just hitting the low 70's temperature wise.

Several dining options on the property, my kid's favorite was the juice bar. We went into Coronado for dinner each day though.

We loved our room. The beds were very comfortable, I guess for the rate we paid, I wouldn't have minded a queen, but we had no issues. Very clean and modern feeling. WiFi worked fast enough, and we just used the free wifi, not the premium version. We just parked our own car and didn't use the valet service. One of my daughter's friends came to visit and her parking pass was validated since we had eaten breakfast at the resort, making her parking only a few dollars. Regular parking was around $28.00 per night. Everyone loved the Victorian looking bird cage and countless photos were posted on various social media.

For those of you that travel and have the budgets to stay at resorts such as this, I'm a bit envious. This was a real treat for us, we stayed two nights at the resort, and then booked two nights at a standard chain hotel in the city to help with the budget. The splurge was worth it in our minds, the kids will always remember this place, and we hope to go back - preferably on a non-holiday weekend when the rates aren't quite as high. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are oh-so-glad we did it!

Room Tip: We liked the poolside rooms, you could see the activity at the pool, the boats coming in and out, and still could see the city lights in the distance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ExpeditionMan
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions in detail. We're so pleased that you consider Loews Coronado Bay to be one of the finest properties at which you've ever stayed, and it was a pleasure to read of your family's experiences with our resort amenities and outlets. Again, we're delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and we hope to welcome you back soon.