5,247 results
All reviews market cafe mistral restaurant san diego silver strand beach ping pong shuttle service free shuttle golf cart concierge desk an adult pool side rental car business conference self parking per day boogie boards beautiful property
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We (my, my daughter and daughter-in-law) visited the Resort for the first time after our daughter held her wedding there.
The Market Restaurant had good waitress service, and yet the bottle of wine we ordered was not available and a comparative Sauvignon Blanc was $15.00 more expensive - at $55.00. I believe it is appropriate if the $40.00 bottle is not available to offer a comparison at a closer price?.
My deep tissue massage at the Spa was fantastic. When we came to pay, my daughter-in-law tried to use a gift voucher and she was told (as it was not in their system) that she had to pay by credit card and then if the voucher was valid - have her credit card refunded. I believe if the voucher has a date prior to their system it should be honored and only charged to a credit card when research has been completed. They have a credit card, name and address on file for any visitor so they are covered.
Also, I am entitled to a 10% discount as I live locally, and there is a 20% gratuity added on. When I questioned the gratuity, they had charged 20% of the original prices ($150.00) rather than the reduced price. While I am happy for the masseuse to have the additional tip, does it go to her?
Overall this seemed an expensive day with the focus on money not client satisfaction.

1  Thank Susan N
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your impressions in detail. Although we are glad that you had a fantastic deep tissue massage at Sea Spa, we regret to hear of the issues you experienced during the payment process. We apologize that we weren't able to redeem the gift voucher upon check-out, but we're pleased to let you know that your daughter's credit card was never charged as we left the folio open until Monday. In regards to gratuity, the spa adds on a suggested 20% service charge, which is always adjustable at the guest's discretion. We sincerely apologize if this was not communicated clearly. We have passed along your feedback to our management team to ensure more attentive service, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We hope to welcome you back to Loews Coronado Bay in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel offers all you need for a relaxing vacation in San Diego. Whether you are a family with small children or as we are a family with 2 teenagers. They have all you need. Nice Big pool area with super service.
We especially noter the easy acces from the parking area to our room. We could park our car rights under our room, which made it easy to acces during our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lonelauritsen
LoewsCoronadoBay, General Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled that you found everything you need at Loews Coronado Bay in order to have a relaxing San Diego vacation. We hope to welcome your family back to the resort soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at this resort for several days for a business training. It was a lovely place to be, though isolated – which could be good or bad, depending on your point of view. For me, I was a little itchy to get away from the business aspect but without a car, there isn’t much within walking distance. The hotel is a few miles from downtown Coronado. Though there is a hotel shuttle to town, you have to make a reservation and it puts you on shuttle time, not down time, if you know what I mean. Taxies to Coronado were around $20, I believe.

There is a quiet beach you can walk to from the hotel but it’s not a “happening” beach spot and there are no amenities there. No fault of Loews as it is a public beach.

For me as a business traveler, I found the resort too isolated. This is not a criticism of Loews. In fact, that is likely the point of this resort! I just want to mention this point for travelers who are looking for a property that is both relaxing and close to the action.

As for the resort itself, I have no complaints. It is quite spread out, but serene and attractive. The pool is busy. Service was generally good, though occasionally slow. Friendly staff.

My room was comfortable and clean. It overlooked the pool area and could get a little noisy. All the food we had on the property was good and it was especially nice to eat outside.

Room tip: As you would expect, rooms overlooking the pool can be noisy.
Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in detail. We're so pleased that you found the resort to serene and attractive, and that you also enjoyed our friendly staff, comfortable newly-renovated guestrooms and food offerings. We hope to welcome you back to Loews Coronado Bay soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Lovely hotel in a lovely setting. The Pacific ocean on one side and the bay on the other. Private tunnel to the ocean across the road. The room was very nice and very clean. This one of the few hotels that is pet friendly. We took our lab on vacation with us and he really enjoyed the hotel also! :) They have a pet sitting service too. We had a great time at this hotel. Would most definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SherylL702

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. We're delighted that you and your lab had a great stay at the resort, and that you enjoyed our lovely setting and newly-renovated guestrooms. We hope to welcome you back to Loews Coronado Bay soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have been coming here with dogs for 20 years.
Perhaps not as elegant as it was this is still a terrific place for family and friends to gather and enjoy the beauty od Coronado Bay near San Diego.
Dogs of all sizes are well accommodated . There is plenty for kids to do and a nice spa and gym to help adults escape. -Excellent pedicures!
The lobby is wonderful with a view of the Bay and the bar has yummy & unique offerings. The food here is good but a shuttle will happily take you into town where there are dozens of wonderful places to eat. There is something for everybody here. Coronado is a sleepy military town and closes up rather early so savor the Bay and dine late.

There are dozens of great day trips from here as well.

Room tip: Try and get a bay view room for certain. Avoid pool view rooms as they are noisy.
3  Thank Jpresskin

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and thank you kindly for your loyalty over the last twenty years. We're thrilled that Loews Coronado Bay has been a relaxing escape for your family over the years, and that you continue to enjoy our lobby, restaurants and views. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.