“Good meal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
“Good meal”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband loves mexican food. Based on reviewers comments, we chose Miguel's and were happy we did. We found the entryway every bit as charming as described in previous reviews but chose to eat inside in a cozy, comfy booth and found the casual atmosphere to be warm & welcoming. The chips with white sauce & salsa dips tasted delicious with the shaker of marguerita we shared. My fish taco was excellent ...since I am not a bean & rice lover the friendly waitress suggested ordering a la carte and reduced the price accordingly. The mixed meat fajitas my husband ordered was generous in quantity and flavorful ... I especially liked the shrimp he shared with me! If you are in the mood for Mexican dining experience, Miguel's is very good!

1 Thank luedemom

• Turkish first
San Diego, California
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

From the street, one will hardly see the restaurant. There are 2 entrances, and I prefer the entrance on Orange St., entering from under the arch. (the arch has all the restaurants names, including Miguel's.) The reason I recommend this is, this will lead you to the outdoor seating. The walkway leading to this area is of bricks, and beautiful painted tiles. Very colorful and quaint. The servers are all very nice, and they check on you often. They have two kinds of dips for your tortillas - salsa and white cheese. Both very good. Don't forget to ask for the pickled carrots/onions which come free with your chips and dips. I ordered the chili relleno and fish taco on a soft shell. Both very good. It came with rice and refried beens, for 11.95. My husband had a super burrito with rice and beans, also for the same price. The food is really good, and the place was very clean. They use cloth napkins. Nice touch. Around the outdoor dining area are very nice souvenir shops, high end, with beautiful stained glass hangings you can purchase. Prices are not outrageous. If you go through the main entrance of the restaurant, it is quite dark, which is good according to your mood. We came for an early lunch, and appreciated very much the outdoor area. We had no reservations, however, we were accommodated without any problems.

1 Thank ReginaR757
“Perfect atmosphere for your first time in Coronado no matter who your with!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our first time at the original Miguels was amazing. From their signature white sauce dip, salsa and chips to the main entree it was delicious. As an appetizer we had a pork quesidilla with corn ( I am not one for a lot of meat, but with their green sauce they were very tasty)If you like seafood I highly recommend the shrimp enchilada. Again having the signature sauce with big fresh shrimp (We live in nevada so fresh seafood is non existent). My three year old loved it. My boyfriend had the carnitas and he rated those 7 out of 10. We will defintely go back.

1 Thank Darci J
Cleveland, Ohio
“Eat Here Every Time I'm In San Diego”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Found Miguel's ten or so years ago and have made it a point to have lunch or dinner every time I get out to San Diego ... whether its with family, friends, or business, everybody I have brought there has raved about it ... great ambiance, great service, great food ... the setting is terrific ...
You could make a meal just from the chips and salsa or chile con queso, but don't ... there are so many great entrees on the menu ...

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank SuesHusband
Dallas, Texas
“A great Mexican meal”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Living in Dallas we eat a lot of Mexican food and Miguel's measures up to the best. My wife and I both really enjoyed our food, not only the entrees, but the rice and beans as well. It was obvious from the crowd lots of people like it. We would surely go back.

1 Thank rrc59