“Best tostadas and margaritas ever”
Review of Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The title is pretty self explanatory. I don't think I've ever had a better tostada in my whole life than at Miguel's and the margaritas were tasty, strong and perfectly mixed. I would definitely go back next time in town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I went here with my friends a few nights ago after they recommended it. They used to live in Coronado and said it was the spot for Mexican food in Coronado. The atmosphere was pleasant. The staff was very nice and the food was great. I had the carne asada quesadillas, yum!! And to top it off, I had the chocolate empanadas for dessert to share with the table. Great choice. I would definitely done here again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were with a friend walking around Coronado and decided to grab some lunch. We found Miguel's on TA, and decided Mexican sounded great. It was an excellent choice. Tucked back in a little alley, the atmosphere is awesome. Despite being busy, the service was great. The food was delicious, particularly the Ceviche. And if all that want enough, my wife is still raving over the Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita. She's dying for the recipe. Next time we're on Coronado, we'll definitely be back to Miguel's.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We made the mistake of not booking here and were a little crushed at a table next to the kitchen - our fault. The margaritas are lovely and inexpensive. My companion ordered fajitas and quesadilla and found the peppers overpowering - this may be a matter of taste. My cerviche was really nice, and so was the chicken mole so I was happy. The service was very pleasant.
Am rating only 3/5 because my partner really didn't enjoy his meal - it could have been a 3.5 really. I would recommend to book and to go.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our family really enjoyed our visit to Miguel's! The food was very, very good, the service was great and the atmosphere was just perfect! I wish we had Miguel's on the East Coast....it was an all around pleasant experience! The prices were affordable and tons of food!