“It's all about the salsa!”
Review of Miguel's Cocina

Miguel's Cocina
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We requested salsa with some heat and dang they have the BEST Habanero sauce that will make you sweat. You have to ask for it though, but you have been warned.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The food is good but not great. Everyone raves about the jalapeño white sauce, but it is very tame. Service with 5 ladies seemed to be more than our waiter could handle.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went for lunch here yesterday and requested to sit outside under the covering. Nice open atmosphere, you are well sheltered from the wind which can be a bit chilly. I started with the ultimate margarita and she had the pressed lemon drink. We both liked our drinks. We opened our napkins and found our knives to still have bits of food on them - so I got another napkin silverware set from another table. I ordered the roasted vegetable enchiladas. It was good, with very little cheese and a good amount of green sauce. She ordered soup and salad with oil/vinegar dressing - which was forgotten and brought later. The soup was albondigas - she liked it, I didn't care for it much. Service is typical for an American restaurant.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I must admit that most of my California restaurant reviews are good ones. That is probably because so far on this trip, most of the restaurants have been recommended to us. Miguel's Cocina, in Coronado, near the Del, is no exception but exceeded expectations. We were a table of 7 and everyone raved about their meals. The service, in this busy restaurant was excellent and as for me I had the very best chicken Chimichanga I have ever had. The entire meal was wonderful. I have now found a place for first class Mexican food in Southern California. No sense in me looking elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The best margaritas and white jalapeno sauce! We love it here and the food is wonderful my husband and I share the Tosada Grande and it still is too much!