“Old Fashioned Great”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place is a terrific find in Coronado. The decor is nostalgia personified. The seating reminds me of places I went to as a kid in the midwest. The food is plentiful and delicious. Meat loaf better than mom's. Gotta try the berry shake, it's the bomb.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Liked the food, was served fast even though they were busy. Might not want to go if you're claustrophobic, it's a bit cramped, and popular.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I often talk to locals - I am one as well - who disparage Clayton's as a "greasy spoon." Well, I wouldn't go that far, but even so, this is the best place on Coronado for your "comfort breakfast." Don't come looking for quiche! Bacon and eggs? Pancakes as big as your head? French toast? Breakfast burritos? Yes! All very good, and served by an awesome, friendly staff in a throwback 50s diner setting.

If you're going to drink your coffee with your pinky airborne, this probably isn't for you. Otherwise, it's a favorite of many locals and visitors alike.

1  Thank Kristin A
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a WOW! Oh my goodness - it's a good thing we don't live there because we wouldn't eat dinner anywhere else when we wanted "Mom's home cookin' ". What a fun time listening to old rock 'n roll as well! You could tell many of the patrons were regulars - that says it all. On our next visit to Coronado Island, it will be on the list of "musts" to go back!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

A step into the past with juke boxes at every booth and counters and music from the 50s and 60s. The restaurant had a typical menu you would expect from this type of place with a few modern variations. I had a burger with an egg on a bun with hash browns. Delicious. Others in my party had eggs and a blt and both were happy with their dishes. Nothing fancy but good food and great service.