“Very good”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Very good”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Thought the food was done right, would recommend to my friends. Portions were large but not over the top huge. On the spice scale, a 7 was a little much for me to truly enjoy my pad thai.

Coronado, California
“Local's favorite: Excellent food, reasonable price”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband and I have lived in Corondo for more than 20 years. We've been to almost every restaurant, several times over. Swaddee is one of our favorite. The atmosphere is intimate yet relaxed. The menu is extensive and each dish is fresh and delicious. The prices are unbeatable for a evening meal in Coronado. The portions are generous - we always schedule time for a walk along the beach after our filling meal. Highly recommend it!

Anacortes, Washington
“As always, it's fantastic Thai cuisine”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Most recently I dined with a party of 5 after making a reservation (didn't want to wait). We had veg and chicken spring rolls, phad see ew (veg), phad thai (tofu, shrimp), red curry (shrimp), green curry (shrimp), panang curry (duck). The only down side was that the noodle dishes came out a couple of minutes after the curries. They were worth the wait. All the dishes were excellent and distinct.

I have eaten here several times with at 3-6 people in the last 5 years. It has never disappointed or been substandard in the least. We have ordered several of the different curries with a variety of meats and vegetables. They are always well balanced and contain fresh ingredients. Their noodle dishes also are perfectly balanced with excellent texture.

Appetizers always come out quickly and are piping hot and fresh. The drink menu is not extensive, but none of us has ever had a problem finding the perfect pairing for the food.

The palms inside the restaurant seem like they would be difficult for tall people to navigate, but they lead to a pleasant and intimate atmosphere. I would happily eat here every day if I could.

Tucson
“best thai in years”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

the spring rolls were absolutely delicious. the sauces were flavorful and spiced just right. i go to a lot of thai restaurants and this was absolutely amazing

Wilmington, Delaware
“What happened?”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We have been going to the Swaddee Restaurant for almost 10 years at least once a month. We are both recent retirees. We missed the last few years and flew in for a December 19, 2012 dinner. My wife ordered Pad Thai and I had Curried chicken over rice. The Pad Thai sauce was too think and gooey. The Curried chicken was way too hot even after ordering it mild. The service was rushed whereas in the past, it was one of the best places to go for a romantic dinner. We used to consider Swaddee the best Thai restaurant in the United States, but we have changed our rating to average. Let's hope it's only temporary.

• Visited December 2012