“Good choice for burgers and brew!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Danny's Palm Bar & Grill
Ranked #53 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, OR
“Good choice for burgers and brew!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

The hunger alarm sounded and the choices in Coronado are varied, numerous, but my buddy and I didn't want to idle in an upscale restaurant or eat in a mass-production burger joint, we simply wanted to sit quietly, devour a juicy burger, quaff a brew and press on to NASNI to meet my son's ship.
We entered Danny's, my eyes adjusted to the subdued light, and we asked the server, "How are the burgers?" She responded confidently, "They're the best! Burgers are our specialty!" Bold statement...but we're not discussing haute cuisine.
We sat down at a table in the back and looked around. Noting the decor and the names of fallen SEALS on the wall, my friend and I (former Marines, Viet Nam veterans) respectfully toasted the fallen.
Soon after, my half-pound cheeseburger arrived in a basket of fries and it magically disappeared in what I can only categorize as a localized feeding frenzy. I hadn't eaten breakfast that morning, and I was famished. My buddy wasn't quite as hungry as I, but we agreed these were two of the better burgers we'd eaten in some time.
We arrived around 1PM, so it was well before the dinner crush and long before the serious and rowdy drinking began. We had things to discuss, and we could easily hear each other's voice across the table.
If you're in Coronado and you've got a craving for a thick, juicy burger, stop in and enjoy. Bring an appetite, tip generously, and press on with a full stomach.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

VISTA
“Old School Navy Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I went in to try the NBC advertised "Best Burger in San Diego". The place is dark and old...but so cool! He had the Ranger and I had the BLT. Both were very good. Although, my husband said it was not the best burger in San Diego. The service was friendly and quick. We liked it so much better than some of the other less friendly, more expensive spots in Coronado. Plus, we didn't feel out of place in our shorts and t-shirts and flip flops.

Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Great dive bar with awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We went here based on a recommendation from a bartender at a place we were having drinks. It's a tribute to fallen soldiers which is fantastic. The service was excellent and the burgers were fabulous! You always find the best food in the most unexpected locations which is why we always ask for the best dive bars in the area when we travel! The prices are great as well.

• Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Different than the Rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Bar is quite different than most of Coranado. Pretty much a dive bar in a high end area. That said, place is a tribute to many fallen soldiers, which is why we went. It served its purpose well. Should have gone at night. Bet it has quite a different flavor (lively) than our midday meal.
Burgers and Bloody Marys were delicious.

Visited June 2012
Coronado, California
“What's so great about the burgers?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I've tried this a couple of times and I still don't know what is so great about the burgers here. They are flat and greasy. Maybe I like my burgers thick and juicy so I don't get it. Terrible atmosphere.

• Visited December 2011