“Best bar food!”

Danny's Palm Bar & Grill
Ranked #53 of 101 Restaurants in Coronado
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We found this place while strolling along Coronado. Being pretty hungry, we stopped in with the promise of great burgers. The decor has many tributes of fallen Navy servicemen. There is a decent menu of burgers, sandwiches and the like. We had a great cheeseburger, a terrific fish sandwich and a couple of beers. It was difficult to leave when we had to move on, but we were headed to the Hotel del for another drink @ the outdoor bar.

There are newer reviews for Danny's Palm Bar & Grill

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food, friendly staff and great "bar" atmosphere, just a good place to visit, highly recommended! !

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Found this little nugget of gold while walking on Coronado Island! Its located at 965 Orange Avenue. Danny's is a regular for the Navy Seals, and memorializes our fallen warriors. You'll be touched by the support and honor they show for the Seal bretheren and the memorbilia inside. While all of the food was good, you can't beat their burgers!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just had to try some place a bit less fancy than the rest of Coronado restaurants plus sometimes the Navy Seal visit the place. Don't let the same darkness of the bar/restaurant scare you away. The People in here are very local and are super nice. My wife was worried when we first walked in and seeing 3 or 4 bikers sitting at the bar, but as I told her some of the nicest people you'll meet are people that just love to dress the part and ride their bikes.
We found a seat at a high top and were promptly tended to by the bar tender/ waitress.
We ordered a BLT and a Burger along with water, tea and a couple of beers. The food was a bit slow coming out, but when it did come out it was fresh and hot, so the short wait for freshly cooked food was no problem for us. In fact we enjoyed the rest since we've been walking around for the past few hours.
The waitress was super nice and she hung out with us a while and we discussed the prices of things at other restaurants on Coronado island vs San Diego & there rest of California vs Atlanta vs Australia. All in All we had a nice peaceful, reasonably priced lunch. If, ever back on Coronado Island, we'd stop in for another good meal at Danny's Palm Bar & Grill.

1  Thank Davis S
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a small Bar that serves food I believe until 8 p.m. The walls have pictures of Navy Seals and apparently is their hang out even thought the three nights I ate there I did not see any. I wanted to eat here after reading great reviews about their hamburgers and other food, but was a little bit apprehensive of going there alone (single female) since some of the review call it a "dive". The waitresses were very friendly and chatty and I had no problem eating alone at the bar. The food was delicious. I tried different menu items each night and they were all great and very reasonably priced. I would love to go back.

1  Thank givemesunshine