“Max's gave way to Best Lil' Porkhouse”
Review of Max's Restaurant - CLOSED

Max's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2014

and, it is a wonderful upgrade to a food service supplied restaurant.

In its place with A LOT more ambiance and life is The Best Lil' Porkhouse (St. Louis) BBQ. BLP has a lively bar and had live music when I was there. The restaurant was packed, and the music could be heard, but it was comfortable to converse without raising your voice.

The decor is very charming; in a western theme done just right. Our server was attentive and we ordered within a timely manner and our drinks came quickly and the food followed shortly, but it didn't feel like it was rush or that we were being rushed.

Best of all, (best for last) is the food. I had the Porkhouse Melt sandwich . I had a choice of several sides which include french fries, onion rings, baked beans, cole slaw, fried okra or fried pickles, creamed corn, and Kale slaw (what? only in Marin). The bread on my sandwich was the perfect bread; not too much but enough to hold up to the pulled pork. The all organic pork lwas so juicy, but not at all greasy and was topped off with bacon and a bit of provalone cheese. Delish. And, the kale slaw at first had me out of my comfort zone, but it was equally delicious! My friends had the pulled chicken sandwich and love it.

It is clear that fresh, great indredients are important to the chef and owners of this establishment. They offer organic local chicken and organic beef and pork.

My hat is off to Best Lil' Porkhouse!

1  Thank KSMIUFL

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We enjoyed the great selection of sandwiches and desserts. The food was delicious and the wait staff were wonderful.

1  Thank Diana K
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just changed from Deli to Mexican, not as good overall, but great salsa and the bar is always hopping.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Same owner new Mexican restaurant. My wife and I had dinner here while staying in the hotel next door. Pretty good Mexican food. Over all was a nice environment with good service. Like the Salsa bar with the variety of salsa but I felt it was a bit pricy for what you are getting. Would I go here again... Maybe.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Anyone who thinks Max's Restaurant in Corte Madera is a good deli should have their taste buds examined. This was probably the WORST meal I have had at a restaurant in years. There is a sign on the door as you enter that says "Critics not welcome." I can see why. The California Chicken Melt was like chewing cardboard—only tougher. Dreadful salad. Soup too salty. Blah!
Band food, bad service. Avoid at all costs.