“Always get a good meal”

Marin Joe's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mill Valley
“Always get a good meal”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Met a friend for lunch. I love the veal picatta at Marin Joes. Great place for business lunch or just to meet friends

Always get treated well there

Visited November 2013

“Decent food... Bad service”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Ordered the joes special which was pretty good, but basically it was hamburger meat smashed up in a pile. Tasted good but i could make it myself in five minutes. I agree with other reviews that the service is lacking. Our watress didnt even say hi and introduce herself. We sat down she walked up and said "what do you want"... Awful attitude...when we aksed for things, ketchup, a drink, she did go get the items but didnt say a word. The attitudes take away from the atmosphere. You feel like youre in an old fashioned restaurant, which is cool, but i wouldnt really go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Galandr6
Larkspur, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“long wait for sub par food”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Marin Joe's used to be one of my Favorite Marin restaurants. I went there last week with a friend from out of town and was really disappointed. Had to wait 40 minutes in the bar. That part was fine as I only requested a club soda and it gave me a chance to catch up with my friend. Finally seated.. the bread was stale, steak charred burnt to the point I almost couldn't eat it. I smothered it with steak sauce and ate it anyway. I asked for it to medium not charred..Joe's special spinach was the best part of the meal even though I asked for no veggies sub out for the spinach.. I got both and was charged for it. My friends chicken was dry and in general just so-so. I always remembered just loving Marin Joe's.. this time not so much. Probably won't be back...

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cinnamin57
Mill Valley, California
“Best Lamb Chops in Marin”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Have the urge for lamb chops??? Go sit at the counter and watch Joe on the wood fired grill cook yours to perfection. Great Caesar salad too!!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dockingspecialist
“Don't bother- gross food.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our trip north. I love trying new places that aren't big chain restaurants. This place was a MISTAKE though. We saw a ton of cars outside and when we arrived there seemed to be quite a bit of locals (both good signs usually). The decor is blah but not horrible, the waitstaff was friendly and there are plenty of items on the menu. However, the food is horrible. I got the swordfish- it looked like a thin slab of grey mush and had no taste. My husband got the rabbit- it was decent but not great. The real issue was the mixed frozen vegetables (peas and carrots mix) they serve as a side. Really?? They were not even seasoned, just straight out of the bag. If you have steak and seafood on the menu you should serve fresh vegetables. They ran out of red potatoes that night so we got French fries and those were even gross. The tiramisu we ordered was just two lady fingers on a plate covered cream. Each of our meals where around 25 dollars-over priced for frozen reheated food. Overall, don't waste your time or money!!

• Visited September 2013