“A Good Choice In Corte Madera”

BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corte Madera
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“A Good Choice In Corte Madera”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Best Western in Corte Madera is a good place to stay in Marin County. It is clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff is friendly, polite, very accommodating, and the price is reasonable. They also offer a free breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Across the street from the hotel is a shopping center with a good Italian restaurant, a drug store and a super market. Our only dissatisfaction with this stay was the very small bathroom and shower. However, the very nice desk clerk told us the next time we make a reservation, ask for a room with a larger bathroom. I recommend the Best Western of Corte Madera, if you need to stay in Marin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

The hotel room was very roomy and the breakfast was great. The staff was very helpful in providing the right room that was needed for my family, The pool was heated just right (80 degrees) and the spa's heat was just right.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Mill Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've stayed at this property a number of times over the years. Last August, I was there for a workshop and had a poor experience (See my prior review). However, the general manager did offer a complimentary room for one night of the three to offset the experience (I did not request this) and did respond -- I thought, graciously -- to my review on TripAdvisor.

I had decided that in the the future, I would try the hotel again, perhaps when it was less busy and when they might have had time to make some changes. I planned to write an updated review if my experience was better. I was therefore very surprised when, in the process of booking a room at the hotel yesterday after Christmas, a normally quiet period, I was suddenly informed that I had been put on this hotel's DO NOT RENT list. I said "excuse me, why?" "Oh I don't know. Only the manager could say." The manager was not available to speak to, however, as she informed me. Bottom line: I am not welcome to stay again because I wrote an honest, though critical, review of this property on Trip Advisor.

I was a repeat guest and was not trying to get something for free by writing my review -- I had already checked out and the manager had already offered to take off a night's charge when I sat down and took the time write my review. I felt that people should get an unvarnished review of my experience.

If you cannot provide that without being "punished"and being discriminated against for a hotel's own mishaps, then something is very much amiss with this hotel, this hotel chain (Best Western) and the tripadvisor concept. I really am shocked and very disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank trishthedish100
Aromas, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was our annual Christmas trip to Marin County to visit family. I appreciated the family suite with real beds in both rooms. My daughter is getting too old to be comfortable on the hide a bed that is offered elsewhere in a suite. The breakfast here was pretty lackluster. The scrambled eggs tasted like plastic to me so I left them. The fruit that was available was pretty uninspired.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Niles, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We've stayed here a couple of times and love the location. If you're planning on visiting both San Francisco and Napa, this hotel fits the bill because it's in between both areas. it's not as congested as SF so you're not fighting traffic every time you leave the hotel. They have a nice pool and the rooms are nice too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Auburn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

The location is central for shopping, eating, freeway access and for me great for business........The staff is excellent and always very friendly....!!! The rooms are clean and very comfortable, the pool and spa are great........I stay here often on business because the staff knows me and they are always willing to help if needed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have stayed at the Best Western Plus Corte Madera Inn, Corte Madera, CA, many times over the past five or six years, and have never been disappointed with either the service or the accommodations. Great location between San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

The Lodge at Tiburon
#2 of 2 in Tiburon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,316 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn? Share your experiences!