Checked in on a Thursday evening and everything was quick and smooth. I requested a room away from traffic as Highway 101 runs right next to the hotel. I was given an upstairs room with a view of the pool. Very nice but a tad small. Clean. There is a deck outside to sit and a large picnic area with grill below. Nice landscaping - reminded me of the old motor courts in the 50's and 60's. I was concerned about traffic noise because we could hear a little hum but it's not enough to disturb you when you're sleeping. Pool is beautiful and large. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices: sausages, eggs, wafflemaker, pastries, muffins, fruit, cereal. It was the same every day though - would be nice to change the menu a little bit after a few days. There is also a complimentary newspaper each day which I liked as well as free HBO. The location was great for us - Marin County - as we wanted to do not only San Francisco but also wine country and Point Reyes National Seashore. Friday morning we drove to Sausalito and took the ferry across the bay to San Francisco. A word of warning: parking was $25 for the day for the ferry. But the ride across the water was nice and we talked to a nice German tourist. The ride is about 25 minutes. Anyway, we had a great stay at the Best Western and I'd recommend to friends and family. The hotel is clean with good staff and service at a reasonable price for Marin County. One more thing: there is a great hike and bike trail that goes for miles. You pick is up on the road behind the hotel about 1/4 mile - right past the DMV on the left side. I walked it every day for several miles and met people walking their dogs and biking. It's all level and easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort style property just 7 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco. 75' heated Junior Olympic size pool. 2 spas, in-house masseuse, shuffleboard, ping pong, putting green. Walking distance to many restaurants and shops.Free shuttle to Larkspur-SF ferry and Marin Airporter. Three major shopping centers close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Corte Madera Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Corte Madera Hotel Corte Madera
- Best Western Corte Madera
- Corte Madera Best Western
- Best Western Plus Corte Madera Inn Marin County, CA