“Fresh - Interesting - Fun”
Review of Old Vine Cafe

Old Vine Cafe
Ranked #7 of 511 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$12 - US$60
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Old Vine Cafe! We are open daily for breakfast and lunch, and Tuesday through Saturday for dinner! Stop in and join us, or call us about catering options.
Palm Desert, California
“Fresh - Interesting - Fun”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is in a unique and fresh location. Their food matches this experience. I really enjoyed the food and it's creativity. Keep up the great work, it is truly appreciated.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kelly M

Santa Ana, California
“My favorite brunch place to go to in OC!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS PLACE OUT!
My friend kept telling how good the brunch at this cute restaurant is and it really is, one of the best brunch places I have been to. Hidden behind The Native Foods restaurant at the camp, you really need to know about it to see it.
Not a super large restaurant, but very cozy décor. I love the French Toast here and their Porcini Mac and Cheese (for my son who loves Mac ‘n Cheese). All of their salads are yummy too. This restaurant has the look, feel and taste of an LA restaurant but in Orange County.
The wait for brunch on the weekend can be very long (up to an hour) so try to go early. Unfortunately, they don’t take reservations ☹.
Still up to now my favorite brunch place to go as I only live 5 minutes away.
Surrounding this restaurant are a bunch of other cute little boutiques and other small restaurants to definitely check out.

• Visited September 2013
Fullerton, California
“Amazing gastro experience!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had an amazing experience at this restaurant. It's tucked into some other shops and restaurants at the Camp in Costa Mesa and its small, giving it a very quaint and intimate vibe. Modern romance. My hubby and I had a 5 course meal with wine pairings - YUM. A great special occasion place for sure.

Visited December 2012
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Incredible Food & Wine Pairing.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

If you've read any of my other reviews, you know that I really appreciate delicious food paired with great service, and the Old Vine Cafe excels at both.

After looking through the wonderfully adventurous menu and wanting to order more dishes than I could possibly eat, I asked the server to provide me with recommendations. Of the four suggestions, I order the three following dishes:
Hand Made Raviolo: smoked duck, goat cheese, Porcini mushrooms all wrapped up in a homemade pasta pillow and lightly pan fried in sage butter. It was a great combinations of flavors that paired exceptionally well with a Italian 2009 Dragani, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. Together they were a scrumptious combination of earthy flavors.

Then, as an intermission before my main dish, I was surprised with an amazing Caprese of Mozzetella Buratta: fresh Buratta, flash fried arugula, grape tomatoes and citrus-infused olive oil. Wow! Light, creamy, crunchy an savory. I took the house suggestion and enjoyed the N.V. Rocaforte sparkling dry Lambrusco, from Modena, Italy. This was not your father's Caprese with Lambrusco.

My meal finished with the Char Grilled Lamb Chops: Australian lamb, dried blueberry demi glacé, crispy fried yuca. My first slice was too thin, and I was overpowered by the charred exterior. But the second piece was a perfect combination of the medium rare lamb, crispy exterior and wonderful sauce. I was pleasantly surprised by the 2010 clo du Coutale, Malbec from Cahors, France. I've never been partial to French Malbec, but this purfume-noted Malbec was an intriguing and enticing choice.

Besides a very memorable meal, the whole experience was punctuated by exceptional customer service. The team of three servers each checked on me at least once during each course. As I dined alone, the attention was well appreciated.

The restaurant is located on a mall-style courtyard. The day I dined it was open air and very comfortable.

I hope you enjoy your experience as much as I did.

1 Thank ATW-Andy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Leisurely”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I found Old Vine on a Google search for something different for breakfast on the way to the airport - late morning flight. It's a really tough location to get into - GPS On and Heads-Up - but if you have the time, it's a really good find. Located in an urban block converted into a "green", open air mall. Menu offers good variety with a Med flair - I had a roasted Goat omelet. Food and portions excellent. Service is very friendly but don't have a deadline...

Visited September 2013