1,581 results
All reviews suites building john wayne airport junior suite main building newport beach breakfast buffet close to the airport wet bar orange county jacuzzi tub fashion island uc irvine potatoes free parking shuttle service beautiful hotel bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here at least 200 nights over 20 years. Consistently top notch. I'm greeted by staff I've known for 20 years. Friendly and competent. Rooms are big. Furnishings are period pieces of old CA. Good restaurant. Wonderful location.

• Stayed: September 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Carl -

It is always a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. Your continued patronage is absolutely invaluable to us and we are so appreciative of your kind words. We cannot thank you enough for your years of loyalty to our hotel. We are so appreciative of your review and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Looking for a place to stay to hang out with family on Balboa Island. The Balboa Inn is a dive a resort prices. The two hotels at Fashion Island get extra expensive when you add in $28/day for parking, $15/day for Internet, no breakfast. The Ayres was just the ticket, with a value-minded base price, free parking, free Internet, nice breakfast buffet included. I'm sure the rooms were just as nice as the hotels charging twice the price, and we were only 10 minutes from Balboa Island and the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TomChatt -

Thank you so much for choosing us during your visit to Newport Beach. We do try to provide as much value to our guests as possible with our complimentary breakfast, parking, and WIFI, so it is fantastic to hear that you found these amenities complemented your stay well. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

After reading some previous reviews I was a bit worried about this place but it turned out to be nice. The rooms (we had 2 junior suites) were large and well planned out with a small microwave and fridge. There was another area near the bathroom that held the coffee pot. It was also handy for doing my hair and make up since there was a large mirror and counter space. The room also had a small table, couch, coffee table, desk and chair.
As far as the internet, we also had a problem logging on until we figured out that only one of us could use it at one time.
We thought the breakfast was nice even if it was the same everyday (we stayed 5 days). The lobby and gift shop were nice also. However, we never got to the restaurant as we went out everyday and we were in a different building.
The complaints I have are the odor in the hallway (???), only being able to make a right turn out of the parking lot made it very inconvenient at times, and one day my son's room did not get cleaned at all. I called the front desk and relayed my dissatisfaction. I was told it would be reported to housekeeping manager the next day....never heard anymore about it.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay because we love the Newport Beach area and because I got to meet some cousins that I had never met. We didn't spend much time at the hotel. I would stay there again as I felt we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear SandraG67 -

Thank you so much for taking a chance on our hotel. I am so pleased to learn we were able to meet your needs and provide a pleasant hotel experience. I appreciate your helpful comments regarding the hallway and servicing of your son's guestroom. Please know I have discussed these at length with the Housekeeping Team to ensure against them in the future. I do hope you will have the opportunity to dine at our on site restaurant, the newly renovated Le Chateau, should you return. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 11 September 2012

My recent stay at the Ayres was the best! The entire staff is absolutely wonderful! Excellent customer service, excellent restaurant service.....the Ayres staff goes above and beyond to serve its customers....great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have windows that open, but the corner rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Carrie -

You are too kind! Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for your very warm words. I work with a phenomenal team of people who truly care about the guest experience, so I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We greatly appreciate your review and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

I checked in, then unload & unpacked a lot of stuff. I intended a 5 night stay. After I got done I headed fir the dining room for dinner. It was being remodeled for the whole tome of my stay. This was a super important amenity for me. I worked hard all day & wanted to relax. I had to get in my car, find fast food (exactly what I was trying to avoid) and drive in circles because of the awkward location of the hotel. I wish the front desk staff would have explained this the situation with the dining room/room service, for 150.00/nt I think I got ripped off and will not stay here again. I should have gotten a discount at check-in, along with a disclosure. You have lost this customer. I ended up only staying two nights and had to pack up and switch hotels. I can totally understand the need to remodel, but it is TERRIBLE customer service to not tell a customer at check in. Enough with this hotel, there are sooooo many to chose from.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Khayhoe -

I appreciate your candid review of our hotel. I am truly sorry that your experience with us was so short and that your overall stay was an unpleasant one. Our restaurant did recently undergo a rather thorough renovation that lasted approximately one week, and I do greatly apologize that this was not communicated to you upon check in. Please know I have discussed your comments at length with the Front Desk team to ensure any major changes to hotel amenities are discussed with guests upon their arrival. Again, I am very sorry for your experience and hope you will give us a second chance to show you how comfortable a stay with us can be.

Regards,