1,581 results
All reviews suites building john wayne airport junior suite main building newport beach breakfast buffet close to the airport wet bar orange county jacuzzi tub fashion island uc irvine potatoes free parking shuttle service beautiful hotel bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Just recently (within the past one - two weekends) my boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. We had previously stayed at a different location before, but I felt we had a much better experience at the location in Mission Viejo, CA. It's not so much that the amenities or anything of that sort were lacking, it was just the young lady at the front desk. We had booked the hotel directly on their website because there was an inncentive to recieve a $5 Starbucks gift card; which we never recieved. This young lady --I'm very positive her name was Cassie-- was just gossiping and complaining way too much and much too loudly to another co-worker. I'm not too big on being able to hear another person's conversation while they're working. Especially when they're complaining about whom ever is in charge and is upset about how they were scheduled for work. Be HAPPY, you even have a job, young lady. I mean it, I could hear every word. Perhaps if she wasn't gossiping so much we would have gotten the gift card. But I suppose Ayers just wants me to book through a third party now. The hotel itself is a fine establishment, but employees who aren't too cheerful do not encourage me to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Jasmine -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so very sorry that your check-in was not a warm one and that you did not receive the $5 Starbucks Gift Card. What you describe is not acceptable as we want each guest to feel comfortable and welcome when arriving at our hotel . Please rest assured that this incident will be discussed with the appropriate parties. As to the gift card incentive, if you would be kind enough to contact me, I would be happy to send out the gift card immediately. Again, thank you for your review and please do book directly with us the next time you are in the area.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The services are very good. Breakfast, airport and plaza shuttle are difinitely more than a bargain. Hotel staff are very helpful make you feel at home away from home. This is fantastic. We are definitely returning not long.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Yonah -

it was a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel. We know you have many choices of hotel in the area and are very grateful to have been chosen. We absolutely want to make our guests feel at home, so it is wonderful to hear you were so comfortable during your stay. We hope your travels bring you to our area again very soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is a nice, clean hotel typical of the Ayres brand. However, it is not my favorite. The Ayres Hawthorne is the best! This hotel is a little out of the way for restaurants, etc. There are two buildings and if you aren't in the one with the restaurant, you have to go outside to get to th ebreakfast. Also, the breakfast wasn't as good and varied as Hawthorne. This one was closer to a "continental" style breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Tarheel74 -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for your continued patronage to our hotel chain. We completely agree that our Manhattan Beach hotel is wonderful and would have loved to live up to our sister hotel in your mind. Rest assured we will at minimum take a closer look at your breakfast comments as we definitely want to be on par with all of the hotels in the chain. Thank you for your candid review, though, and please consider us the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

For free breakfast, airport and south coast plaza shuttle service - it's well worth it. There are few places to walk to for dinner and the restaurant in the hotel is good food. We walked to a chain Mexican restaurant nearby and should of ate at the hotel. The room is nothing special and mine had a little musty smell, although my door led to the outside. The stair wells smelled a bit too. Things were cleaned well and for a sofa, little fridge, desk and full closet it was worth the value. Meeting room space was decent and could host a small conference, but not that ADA friendly. My toliet was running all night, thank goodness I know how to turn off the water. I told the staff, they were very friendly, expecially the food staff, but they didn't seemed to be concerned with problems in the room. I only spend one night it - it was really no big deal to me.

Room Tip: Near the airport that closes at 10:30PM, so the top floor is probably not the best. I would not want to be near the elevators and vending machines - but didn't really see a problem at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Donnie92673 -

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased your overall stay was satisfying, I am sorry if your experience was not more exceptional. Value is, of course, important in a hotel and something we strive to provide our guests, but we also wish to wow them with our comfortable accommodations and warm service. I have discussed your room and housekeeping comments at length with the necessary team members and appropriate steps are being taken to insure against these issues in the future. We do appreciate your review and hope you will consider us should you travel to the area again.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here at least 200 nights over 20 years. Consistently top notch. I'm greeted by staff I've known for 20 years. Friendly and competent. Rooms are big. Furnishings are period pieces of old CA. Good restaurant. Wonderful location.

• Stayed: September 2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Carl -

It is always a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. Your continued patronage is absolutely invaluable to us and we are so appreciative of your kind words. We cannot thank you enough for your years of loyalty to our hotel. We are so appreciative of your review and look forward to your next visit.