1,571 results
All reviewssuites buildingjohn wayne airportjunior suitemain buildingnewport beachbreakfast buffetclose to the airportwet barorange countyjacuzzi tubfashion islanduc irvinepotatoesfree parkingshuttle servicebeautiful hotelbed was very comfortable
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Recently my husband and i went to celebrate our 25 anniversary in Newport (we are from Louisiana) . We stayed at this love establishment. I must say my bed sheets seemed a little dull so i had to purchase new ones and replace then (but i didnt mind ) I loved the restaurant and the service was remarkable. I had quite the entertaining british lady help me out i believe her name was Anoosha? and this lovely older woman named Cassie (who helped me book my room) They did such a great job of setting the tone to my trip. We are coming back next summer. Thank you Ayres Newport Beach!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I started staying at this Ayres hotel when I would visit a friend in the Costa Mesa area, since then I have stayed for the service, breakfast, and friendly staff when I travel to the Newport Coast area of California. It's not terribly close to the beach, but the 20 minute drive is simple, and it's not too far from Disney... about 30 minutes. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious. They have a suite with a door on the bedroom and a sofa bed for traveling families, that suite is a bit smaller, and then the have a separate building with large single room suites. The lobby areas , full of seating and beautifully decorated aren't a bad place to meet with a client. The inner courtyard which the breakfast area opens into has lovely fountains and greenery, perfect for a family or business travel. I loved bringing my daughter, she'd eat a very healthy breakfast, then wander around in the courtyard looking at the flowers, and could not wander off since it is completely enclosed. It gave me some wonderful coffee sipping time with friends. Their restaurant is divine. Usually used by business travelers because of its location, it's a hidden gem for families. There is not much to walk to like restaurants etc. but there is a convenience store next door. It's located on a busy highway, but in the courtyard, you'll never know it. The room service is delish as well!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Just recently (within the past one - two weekends) my boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. We had previously stayed at a different location before, but I felt we had a much better experience at the location in Mission Viejo, CA. It's not so much that the amenities or anything of that sort were lacking, it was just the young lady at the front desk. We had booked the hotel directly on their website because there was an inncentive to recieve a $5 Starbucks gift card; which we never recieved. This young lady --I'm very positive her name was Cassie-- was just gossiping and complaining way too much and much too loudly to another co-worker. I'm not too big on being able to hear another person's conversation while they're working. Especially when they're complaining about whom ever is in charge and is upset about how they were scheduled for work. Be HAPPY, you even have a job, young lady. I mean it, I could hear every word. Perhaps if she wasn't gossiping so much we would have gotten the gift card. But I suppose Ayers just wants me to book through a third party now. The hotel itself is a fine establishment, but employees who aren't too cheerful do not encourage me to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Jasmine -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so very sorry that your check-in was not a warm one and that you did not receive the $5 Starbucks Gift Card. What you describe is not acceptable as we want each guest to feel comfortable and welcome when arriving at our hotel . Please rest assured that this incident will be discussed with the appropriate parties. As to the gift card incentive, if you would be kind enough to contact me, I would be happy to send out the gift card immediately. Again, thank you for your review and please do book directly with us the next time you are in the area.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The services are very good. Breakfast, airport and plaza shuttle are difinitely more than a bargain. Hotel staff are very helpful make you feel at home away from home. This is fantastic. We are definitely returning not long.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Yonah -

it was a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel. We know you have many choices of hotel in the area and are very grateful to have been chosen. We absolutely want to make our guests feel at home, so it is wonderful to hear you were so comfortable during your stay. We hope your travels bring you to our area again very soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is a nice, clean hotel typical of the Ayres brand. However, it is not my favorite. The Ayres Hawthorne is the best! This hotel is a little out of the way for restaurants, etc. There are two buildings and if you aren't in the one with the restaurant, you have to go outside to get to th ebreakfast. Also, the breakfast wasn't as good and varied as Hawthorne. This one was closer to a "continental" style breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Tarheel74 -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for your continued patronage to our hotel chain. We completely agree that our Manhattan Beach hotel is wonderful and would have loved to live up to our sister hotel in your mind. Rest assured we will at minimum take a closer look at your breakfast comments as we definitely want to be on par with all of the hotels in the chain. Thank you for your candid review, though, and please consider us the next time you are in the area!