“Great Hotel all round”

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago
“Great Hotel all round”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a great property - quiet, very comfortable, and very friendly staff. Great Pool. Gym is small, but enough for me. I am a regular here and i just love the place. Would go there again and again!

Green Features: i appreciate the efforts of the hotel towards being environmentally friendly; however, i wish there was some incentive thrown in to encourage green practices such as reusing the towel etc.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was great having the full breakfast available. Pretty clean rooms & bathrooms. A bit muggy inside but I'm from dry weather so I may be a humidity-wimp. Fitness center was pretty small but standard and appreciated. Could use more outlets next to the beds but appreciated the usb hook-ups.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear raqueLandefeld,

Thank you kindly for sharing about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Full American Breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms and overall experience at our hotel. We appreciate your suggestion about placing more outlets and USB hookups in the guest rooms. We’re always looking for ways to improve our service and will definitely taking your suggestion into consideration. Thank you again for your sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,

Susan O'Brien-Moore
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed two nights for a nearby web conference. I was very impressed by the service and the decor. The breakfast buffet was great.
I got a 'VIP' card that gets you discounts at local stores but I didn't use it.

Check out the bar Dirty Nelly's across the street. It's in walking distance and has a great staff.

2 Thank AJ Z
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my 4 year old, 2 year old, and newborn. I loved the free breakfast, free wifi, and free parking! The breakfast was yummy! Eggs, Bacon, French toast, potatoes, fresh fruit, oatmeal, muffins, cereal....my family stocked up! The man who checked us in, Chase, was super helpful and helped me to get a great room. The pool area is really beautiful, as well as the outdoor breakfast tables around a fountain.

The room was nice, though a bit underwhelming. Our view was really ugly, so we just shut the curtains. I imagine that a room overlooking the fountain area would be best, and next time we stay here, that's what we'll ask for!

The hotel is right by the airport, but I didn't really notice any noise, besides when we were outside eating breakfast. It was just a quick 15 minute drive to get down to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the fountain area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Enjoyed my business trip w/my stay at Ayre's Hotel. Staff was always friendly, great breakfast brunch each a.m. Nice restauant for dinner, drinks & relaxing. Loved the patio area where we could sit outside in the morning and relax.

Rooms were clean. Lobby was always clean
Airport RIGHT next door and I never once heard a plane from inside my room.

Recommended stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Linda H,

Thank you kindly for you genuine review!
We appreciate your kind compliments and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful property as much as we do. Once again, thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Susan O'Brien-Moore
MURRIETA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was referred here by my company and I can see why. This place is an EXCELLENT value. Great accommodations. The room was very clean and comfortable. Le Chateau is a little expensive but great food. The décor rivals the best hotels.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I always stay here when in town for business. This is not your typical hotel room. It is more like a mini vacation every time i stay there! Glad that I was introduced to the Ayres. I have stayed there many many times. Always a great experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,410 reviews
Island Hotel Newport Beach
Island Hotel Newport Beach
#2 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach? Share your experiences!