Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$118
US$266
US$239
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
US$86
US$132
TributePortfolio
US$172
US$141
1,514 results
All reviewsjohn wayne airportjunior suitemain buildingnewport beachbreakfast buffetclose to the airportwet barjacuzzi tuborange countyfashion islanduc irvinefree parkingshuttle servicebeautiful hotelsouthern californiabed was very comfortablefront desk staff
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter and I spent a lovely weekend at the Ayres Hotel in Costa Mesa. The staff was
extremely accommodating as soon as we checked in. Our room was clean and inviting,
and the continental breakfast was very nice. The lobby was beautiful.

We have stayed at an Ayres Hotel in the past, and what especially brought me back was their
willingness to allow us to stay just one night on a weekend. They are one of few hotels in the
area which was willing to do that. Other hotels required a two-night stay.

I would definitely go back again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a combination business and family reunion trip. One room was booked via the business travel agent, and since this was the hotel selected, we had the extended family also book rooms at this hotel.

The positives: compared to the other hotels I've stayed at for business, from more budget-oriented to the five-star chains (note: my business trip bookings are often last-minute, and what the company's travel agency has available for hotels varies greatly), going forward I will hope to be able to stay at this Ayres hotel in the future. Reasons: free wi-fi that worked well, and allowed me to hold evening conference calls with overseas or finish up some work in the middle of the night; complimentary breakfast -- although the breakfast fare does not change much over the course of a two-week stay, at least there is something provided; relatively clean rooms; and at least in the suites building, it's very quiet. Another plus: the laundry room. When business trips last two weeks or more, it's nice to be able to just do a load than bring a month's worth of clothes. Be sure to bring your own travel sized laundry detergent, or else head to the 7-11 around the corner from the hotel to buy one (or drive to the local Vons or convenience store). The small gym was always empty the times I used it (late evening), but
found it to be very busy around 4-5:30 pm on the one weekday I had a day off. Also, the lobbies in both the main building and the suites building are very comfortable and make you feel as if you're staying in someone's mansion. I saw many people holding meetings in the lobby of the suites building, and it's a convenient place to meet with coworkers also staying here or with friends and family.

The cons: Compared to the rooms my relatives booked, mine seemed the best. Also, they gave me complimentary chocolate covered cherries, which was an unrequested, but nice gesture for being a business booking. The other rooms had quirky wear and tear, but all completely minor. The photos show one of the jacuzzi bath tubs bearing mysterious, pink splotches and had a very old air control/AC/heat unit that was difficult to use. Another room had an updated AC/air control unit, but then the ring around the shower/bath tub water control latch was completely loose and could not be reattached. Pink smears on the toilet lid, etc. We all noticed that the hardworking housekeeping staff use a pink cleaner, and we hope that those might be the cause for the strange pink splotches in several of my relatives' rooms.

Yes, it is across from the airport and planes taking off can be heard, but only during daytime hours. They don't have red eye flights out of SNA. Now that I've discovered this family-owned chain, I would consider their other hotels if the need ever arises, based on the experience at this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times and this time had a problem with reserving the right room. They made a mistake ( which happens) but they went overboard correcting it. Moving us up to the Execurive Suite. Everyone on staff accommodated us from the room cleaners to the restaurant staff!!! The know what "customer service" means!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The outdoor patio was really private & a nice way to drink coffee and relax. The only negative was the proximity to the airport. During the day you hear airplanes. Average room a but outdated. Very clean overall. I saw several employees cleaning throughout the day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Christine H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. In regards to your recent stay, I would also like to offer my most sincere apology for any noise disturbances due to the close proximity of the John Wayne Airport. Nevertheless, we truly appreciate your kind compliments in regards to our serene patio and courtyard area as well as our clean comfortable rooms. We thank you again for your candid review and patronage and kindly encourage you to consider staying with us again. Thank you again for your feedback!

Warm Regards,

Susan O'Brien-Moore

Reviewed 28 June 2014

If possible, I stay at Ayres hotels when I can. Great service at an exceptional price. Rooms are spacious. Also have a great restaurant with an outdoor patio setting to enjoy the weather. Friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Erl E.,

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. From our bountiful American breakfasts to our friendly and knowledgeable staff, we work hard to provide many different services to create experiences like yours. Thank you for making us your destination and we look forward to seeing you welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,