Some of the negative reviews made me hesitant in booking this hotel. I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised! I was in town for a medical procedure for my young son. It was a virtual oasis for me, a haven from the stress and pressure. At the last minute my mother decided to come along and we needed to have two queens, versus one king. I called the day before and added the request. The agent reserved the room so that it would be ready for our late arrival. All of our requests were honored as well; a view of the pool and a quiet room. Since we booked directly with the hotel we were eligible for the ample breakfast and for the beer/wine in the evening(I believe the complimentary beverage service is offered only Monday through Thursday and we got the vouchers at check-in). The breakfast is a sit down buffet. You serve yourself, but wait staff picks up your table. You should anticipate giving a small tip for this service. The hotel is very conveniently located near the airport, so yes, expect aircraft traffic. I believe that there is a 10 p.m. curfew for the planes. I never really noticed the noise, but we did see aircraft. The hotel decor is very traditional with some nautical and area history thrown in. The small model ships kept my son's interest every time we walked down the hall. We were greeted kindly, cookies were still available, and towels were brought to the hot tub, when we noted to the front desk that they were out. We dined once in the restaurant. The food and service were good. They offered shuttle service, and my mother took it to the mall. We were in the main building, and I believe that there is an adjacent building that are all suites. The double queen room was adequate for our needs, furnished with the two beds, a T.V. amoire, desk, and a small closet. There is a basic bathroom and a bar/sink area with a small refridgerator and a coffee maker. There is no microwave. If you need a place to stay near the John Wayne airport in Newport Beach/Costa Mesa for about $100 mid-week I would recommend the Ayers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach Orange County