“Wow I was surprised how nice & clean the room was! Loved it!”

Motel 6 Newport Beach
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
“Wow I was surprised how nice & clean the room was! Loved it!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The rooms are amazing! Modern & clean! Love the colors! Great parking & very nice people working! I would totally stay here again next time I visit Costa Mesa. It's close to the beach & all the restaurants. Great location! Loved it!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The property is located in a nice area. The rooms have been updated and seem more modern. I will say that its obvious that the work was done with limited funds by a cheap contractor, but at least they are trying. The price was the main reason I chose to stay there and I had low expectations. They exceeded those expectations and I will likely stay there again. The walls are paper thin, and as a result in the morning you can hear everything happening next door and outside. Luckily I had to wake up early.

Room Tip: the walls are paper thin and parking is tight. not recommended for big trucks, SUVs, or motor homes.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great price! This was a super short hotel stay for me - arrived in the middle of the night and left around 11am. The bed was super comfortable. The room was neat and tidy. The shower was average - was one of those tiny shower heads which shoots into your body not above your head.

Free WIFI and space to park. So close to the airport which was the reason for our stay. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Didn't really know to expect when I booked this motel when I arrived I pleasantly surprised. Checking in went smoothly and we were upgraded to one of their newer 'European' style rooms which was clean and well maintained.

The front desk manager Moe was very friendly and called in to check on us after we settled in to make sure that the room was up to far and that we didn't need anything else.

I had booked 4 days, but I had to cut my trip short and leave early. Moe was extremely helpful and told me that he would refund me the unused days and within a couple of mins everything was taken care of.

Great service from my personal experience, clean rooms, and close to 405 so you have easy access to the freeways.

1 Thank tut4u2
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was slightly nervous when we booked this room because i have had bad experiances with Motel 6 before. We were traveling with 2 dogs, and this wasn't too far from the beach and the price was great. We stayed 3 nights. When we checked in they weren't really friendly at all. Which was disappointing. Our room was on the first floor next to the pool; the pool was small but clean and well kept. Our room was just redone and it was lovely. Very modern rooms, fresh paint and new beds. Loved to room, the floors were wood lamniate which was nice with the dogs. The room as a whole was clean and neat. The room was big which was nice as we had a place to put the dog beds. My only complaint was that they would only give us 2 towels at a time and 1 wash cloth. When we walked down the hall, you could go down a few steps or use the elevator the get down to the little grass area they have for your pets. It was huge but it 100% did the job. I have an older dog so i used the elevator, as it was easier on her. I was glad that they had that. They lady who checked us out was much nicer then the guy at check in. I would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: We stayed down stairs next to the pool, but only one person used it during our stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alisha R
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The newly renovated rooms are not what I expected from a Motel 6. We got a great rate (under $60) and were pleasantly surprised with the modern room decor. It was a little strange not having carpet (pergo floors), but we got used to it. You can't beat the price and location.

2 Thank Mike Y
Stockholm
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Clean, big rooms. Budget-friendly. Helpful staff at the reception. Bad location, next to the freeway (noisy) and far away from everything, okay for 1- 2 nights. Extremely slow wifi, annoying when you're on vacation and want to check sights and restaurants.

2 Thank IdaKatarina