“Meticulously clean, great experience!”

Motel 6 Newport Beach
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My first time at a Motel 6. I booked based on good reviews as I looked for a simple place to spend a couple nights. From check-in on, my experience was perfect. I could tell immediately that my room was super clean, plus the grounds and pool were as well. WiFi worked perfectly, so did TV, frig, microwave and the key cards. Not one single problem. Pure pleasure, I was in and out in no time, slept really good, felt completely safe... and was close to everything. The staff is super-friendly. All around highly recommended.
I did know that there will be no coffeemaker or shampoo/conditioner, so I came prepared. In all honesty, I'll take a clean and friendly place as this motel 6 without coffeemaker & shampoo over an unclean one with those things any time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Janina073

Reviewed 13 June 2013

the room wasn't a typical motel 6, it was very modern looking, clean good service. i was very surprised on how clean the rooms were. However we ran into a couple problems. 1. We encountered many extremely slow internet connections during our 3 day stay. 2. Our room key did not work a total of two times and that means we had to walk all the way to the front office (which was quite a ways from our room) 3. the walls are paper thin and can hear people outside. If motel 6 fixes their internet problems and making sure room key works i will come back but i won't be coming back for a while.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nini0
Reviewed 12 June 2013

First of all, remember this is a Motel 6, so do not judge it or expect it to be something it isn't. No amenities - but good price :) This particular Motel 6 is very clean, very comfortable, newly remodeled. The person (I believe may be the manager) who helped me a couple of times pre-trip and was also there to check us in the afternoon of arrival, was extremely helpful and pleasant on the phone and was very friendly when we checked in. Immediately offered anything we might need in the way of extra towels etc. We did not find any needs and our requests were all met pre-arrival. It is also nice that this Motel 6 has fridge and microwave. The TV screen was good size and the beds were very comfortable. The traveler pics on this site look very true to life. The floor is not carpeted, but a material that looks a bit like hard wood floors. I like this very much because it is easier to expect a very clean floor surface upon arrival, and I traveled with my cat, and it is easy for me to sweep up any tracked litter before I left, so the room is left in good condition. Our trip was a overnight mini-vacation and the property was very convenient to Newport Pier/Beach were we wanted to go, as well as to dining. It is also a very easy exit off of Hwy 55. We decided to check out South Coast Plaza and the property sat equal distance between the Mall and the Beach so this was also a pleasant surprise. All in all, I would recommend this Motel 6 to others desiring a similar visit to the Costa Mesa/Newport area. On additional pleasant surprise was the parking on site was very good and the property looked well maintained.

Room Tip: I was very please with the room that was given to me at random. I would think upstairs rooms would...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Newly refurbed motel, about $10 dollar taxi ride into Newport beach area. Had to ask for more pillows. The fixtures and fitting are above standard for motel 6, overall a good base. For a great dinner try the blue water grill in Newport.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank kateasmith
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Within a short driving distance to Newport Beach. Very clean room with fridge and microwave. Great value for money. Free wifi and parking. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel if staying for a few nights in the Newport Beach area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kirstiephipps
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The rooms are amazing! Modern & clean! Love the colors! Great parking & very nice people working! I would totally stay here again next time I visit Costa Mesa. It's close to the beach & all the restaurants. Great location! Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The property is located in a nice area. The rooms have been updated and seem more modern. I will say that its obvious that the work was done with limited funds by a cheap contractor, but at least they are trying. The price was the main reason I chose to stay there and I had low expectations. They exceeded those expectations and I will likely stay there again. The walls are paper thin, and as a result in the morning you can hear everything happening next door and outside. Luckily I had to wake up early.

Room Tip: the walls are paper thin and parking is tight. not recommended for big trucks, SUVs, or motor homes.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to Motel 6 Newport Beach? Share your experiences!