“Lovely mexican cafe”

Amorelia Mexican Cafe
Ranked #104 of 523 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Recently opened proud family owned business on January 30, 2010. We are very excited to offer the best quality food and service to everyone. We come from a traditional family backround. Where food and family is everything. Our concept is to bring the experience of Central Mexico to Southern California. We are originally from a city called "Morelia", it's how our name came about. Amor a Morelia (Love for Morelia) Amorelia Mexican Cafe. Morelia is a colonial city built by the Spanish and the French. It's full of color and history. And the food is excellent. When you visit us you will find yourself in a small piece of Morelia with Cantera surrounding walls, rustic decor and lighting.
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here...the chilaquiles with chorizo were delicious! Cafe de olla is great! Must have the Flan de coco....mmmm! Lovely background music too! Will be back soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Amorelia is awesome! I consider myself a regular, and the service and the food have been consistently outstanding, and the decor is lovely as well.

Pretty much all the dishes I've tried have been delicious, and unlike the more greasy Mexican joints out there, this place is pretty healthy, and you can tell that what you are eating is quality food. I loved the carne asada fajitas featuring some unique spices. Their steak (carne asada) was also delicious with great quality beef. The pozole (a special soup) is awesome, and both the green and the red pozole come in generous portions and are very tasty. We also loved the 4 tacos available during Taco Tuesday (2 types of beef, one chicken, one potato). Potato taco was interesting, kind of like a seasoned somewhat creamy mashed potato. Queso fundido was just OK, but everything was awesome and I look forward to the next visit to try more dishes.

For dessert, both the tres leches cake and the flan were delicious as well, and please please try the very unique cafe de olla featuring unique spices. Wow! I've never had anything like it.

Service is great too, as the waiters are sure to be smiling and helpful.

I'd read some complaints about the margarita. Keep in mind that because of their liquor license, the margarita is wine based, not tequila based. Some people don't care, others do. Your choice.

If you like reasonably priced, tasty, and healthy Mexican food, you can't beat Amorelia.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We went for dinner last night and had Shrimp Diablo and Fish Veracruzana. The Shrimp was excellent with a wonderfully spicy sauce. The Fish was very good but eclipsed by the fabulous shrimp dish. The decor is surprisingly nice, especially for the K Mart center location. We will return with pleasure.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere! The food was really good and steaming hot! If we lived in Costa Mesa, this would be our Friday night place to eat! Highly recommend. Very relaxing!

1  Thank Geristlu
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I say surprisingly very good because I grew up in ELA....I can find the best mexican food restaurant other in mexico there..So how good can it be since the restaurant is in Costa Mesa, OC...Well OMG, I had the Salmon and it was delicious..I went with 4 other people and no one had complaints....Triple D should come and check this place out...

As in other post, the cafe de la olla is sooooo good...I am not even a coffee drink, but wow it was good....Oh and the price, to me it was cheap.....The ambience is simi-romantic....It does have to TV's inside so catch some sports.....I highly recommend it...