“OK.”

Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Not good, not bad.
No bugs, no problems with the WiFi, the breakfast was OK (coffee and donuts, the coffee was OK, not good and not bad).
The room was cold at night. The bathroom and shower were tiny and old but still working. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngelicaAllshouse

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This Motel was the absolute worst discusting place I have ever seen. The old manager!! SHE was very rude and unprofessional there was drug deal happening as we attempted to walk to our room. Dont not risk your safty at this hole!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank m c
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Well long story short a friend and I booked this room via internet for a friends going away party. First off when we checked in the woman at the front desk seemed to be irritated that we had interrupted her from whatever she was doing , and shortly after that we walked around to our room and were shocked at the smell alone when we first entered. Seriously this place looked like it hadn't been renovated since it had been built. On to the next discovery the was FOOD left in the fridge from the previous guests! not to mention the cigarette burns in the carpet and the rust in the bathroom. The real coup de grâce was after pulling back the bedspread we discovered what looked to be fleas as well as disgusting stains all over both our bed linens. On to the last stage of this epic journey we immediately grabbed our stuff and got the hell out of there and went to the front desk to get our money back , we were met with this "up yours" attitude by the same lovely woman who had checked us in 5 min earlier who refused to give us a refund because we had pulled the sheets back on the beds and then accused us of having sex in the bed . So after she insisted we leave NOW we drove down the street a couple blocks and stayed at the Howard Johnson's which was just perfect the staff the room the location everything. So that's our story hope it helps.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
6  Thank CaAngel27
Reviewed 15 November 2008

My experience at Sandpiper was horrific! I got there in the middle of the night. I got into my room and it was freezing. The heater was broken, the window was stuck open about an inch and my curtains were falling off. Finally got a space heater at 7:30am. I asked to change rooms as the one I was in was falling apart...and cold. I was moved to a room that was far worse than the one I'd left. There was a board covering a broken window, it was dirty inside, the headboard was removed (if I'd only known then that bedbugs live in headboards & wood!) and there were patched holes all over the room. I reluctantly went to sleep...the board in the window freaked me out! I woke up a 4am and saw little, tiny, hard-shell things with what seemed like 4 million legs, crawling on my legs (had sweats on) and a couple right in front of my face. It was disgusting!!!! When I looked online under "bugs" and entered their description, they popped up as BEDBUGS! The site said to call the health dept. I opted to get the !#@% out of there!!!!!!

Don't stay at the Sandpiper Motel unless you enjoy having a miserable time.... and creepy, dirty, little bugs that thrive on blood, crawling around in your bed with you at night!!!

P.S. Moved to the Star Inn for the week- LESS EXPENSIVE, GREAT STAFF, MUCH NICER ROOMS & CLEAN--NO BUGS!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
5  Thank MASTIN7
Reviewed 10 January 2007

The motel was cockroach infested, noisy and dirty.
When I reported to managment their attitude was 'it happens sometimes'.
I have never had such a horrible and disturbing experience staying at a hotel/motel.
I certainly did not expect this for a motel in Costa Mesa!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank aries s
Reviewed 20 September 2006

Well what can i say !? The Sandpiper Motel was the best motel we stayed in on our 18 day holiday !!! The people there were lovly and really friendly, Especially Shaunna and Margie , i mean all Margie wanted was to give me towels and we ended up talking for around 3-4 hours ! And shunna was amazing because when me and the family got back at around 9 or 10 i would go straight to the office and chat and would leave untill around 4 am !

So overall this is THE PLACE to stay while in costa mesa !

Andreas

Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
#7 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to Sandpiper Motel? Share your experiences!