“One of the finest casual breakfasts you can find”
Review of Plums Cafe

Plums Cafe
Ranked #9 of 509 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Plums Café and Catering has been a local favorite for over twenty years. Tucked away in a corner of Costa Mesa, Plums friendly staff, unique menu, Northwest-influenced cuisine & down-to-earth ambiance keep patrons coming back again and again.
Santa Barbara, California
“One of the finest casual breakfasts you can find”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We've eaten breakfast here many times while visiting Costa Mesa. Outstanding food quality and friendly attentive service. Go before 9AM to avoid the crowds.

• Visited December 2011

Palm Desert, CA
“Unbelievable Breakfast”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. OMG. We had breakfast there. It was incredible. The Coconut Stuffed French Toast covered in fresh fruit, was the BEST. The Chipotle Eggs Benedict and ther Shirred Eggs, were fabulous. There were so many interesting choices. We will have to go back.

• Visited November 2011
Los Angeles
“Setting, service and food way beyond what you should expect”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We went with friends on a Sunday morning, prime time except that we arrived by 9:15 so e were seated immediately in the beautiful outdoor courtyard. The menu is extensive, and, for a breakfast/brunch place pretty expensive but the food was great. The wait staff understood "3-whites with one whole egg, dry, with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms, steamed not sauteed". [They also understood french toast with gobs of whipped cream and strawberries, but that's not so unusual]. This is a neighborhood place in terms of who it attracts, but way beyond the norm in what it offers. The shopping center is nondescript but Plums Cafe is not.

• Visited July 2011
Costa Mesa, California
“I Love Breakfast”
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Me and breakfast go way back. So when I go to a place like plums and find out they actually know how to make a good breakfast, I get all warm and fuzzy inside. Not only does this place make good food, but it caters to my alcoholic tendencies by offering momosas, which come with a free coffee. Yes, they're brilliant.

I started out with a momosa -- great way to start any day -- and a cup of OK coffee, nothing special. I then moved on to a bowl of their banana brulee oatmeal. This was perfect considering its oatmeal and I don't want it to be overbearingly sweet. I then had the coconut french toast, which was the best french toast I have ever had in my life. I dream about this french toast. It was love at first sight and our relationship is still blossoming to this day.

Service was decent, nothing special.

Come to this place for a great breakfast.

• Visited January 2011
Costa Mesa, California
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Plums is a great place for Saturday or Sunday brunch. The chipotle eggs benedict is amazing. I have also had a few special events here and they do an amazing job. The service is friendly and the food is great. For dinner I love the chicken salad and the meatloaf sliders at happy hour are great!

• Visited January 2011