“Good Service but overpriced and mediocre food”
Review of Scott's - CLOSED

Scott's
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anton
Orange County, California
“Good Service but overpriced and mediocre food”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The service at Scott's is great and everyone is attentive and friendly - from the the moment you arrive, everyone is ready and willing to assist. I really wanted to say positive things about the food, but my experience was mediocre at best.

I started with the Asian Pear Salad, which was decent, but nothing that was memorable or unique. At $13 for a salad, I had higher expectations. The night prior, I ate in a local pizza parlor and I have to say the $3 house salad was comparable.

The entree selection was very impressive, however prior to ordering, I was told that three of the items I was interested in were all unavailable, so I went with my fourth choice, the scallops for $36. I received three nice scallops, however it was hard to get a real taste for them, given they were drenched in sauce (mainly butter). Again, I was disappointed that the price didn't match the quality, which was the theme of the night.

My last attempt of the evening was the dessert, where I finally found a few items I liked, having shared with the rest of the table. At $9 per dessert, I was surprised yet again.

If you want to go to a high end restaurant and want the price to match the quality of the food, I would suggest keeping your options open. I did read many satisfied reviews, so maybe I have different expectations of the locals, but I can tell you that at about $80 per person for dinner, I am sure you can do a lot better in Orange County.

One last item worth noting is that expensive restaurants in the area usually have complimentary parking if they don't have free parking available. Scott's doesn't have any parking other than valet available. After spending $750 on my dinner, I found it a bit insulting that me and my guests each had to find $3 to pay the outsourced parking attendants.

San Diego, California
“Great lunch venue”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Second time I've had a lunch meeting here and both times it was a memorable meal.
Seafood is their specialty and hey do a gat job. Good for meetings. Vale parking and great setvice

Dover, New Hampshire
“TERRIFIC SEAFOOD, NICE ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a lovely place for either a business dinner or a dinner with friends. Elegant room, attentive service, and really terrific seafood. A "Provencale" calimari app had a terrific sauce, and the shrimp cakes and Peruvian cervice were also fresh and bright-tasting. Entrees included swordfish with a light lobster sauce, and a colleague had lamb chops with a chimichurri sauce which he raved about. There are three prime aged steaks for the non-seafood fans. Desserts were well presented as well, including a "Mocha Box" of three different chocolate/espresso creations. Really a very nice evening's experience...no disappointments.

Newport Beach CA
“A tank top on a man... In 60 degree weather...really??!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This has been one of our favorite restaurants gorgeous years.. Until tonight.

On a busy Friday night we were escorted to nice booth and we settled in for what we thought would be a lively meal. We ordered drinks and were waiting for our entree when a couple were escorted to a table next to us. This place is casual business attire. Indeed my husband had on a sport coat and tie. The. MAn they escorted in had board shorts and a tank top.. No sleeves. Totally disgusting for this type of place.
To top it off my favorite miso sea bass was dry.
It will be a while before we try this place again!!!

• Visited April 2014
Orange County, California
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Scott's has been around for years but I've only been there a few times. Each and every time has been an excellent experience. They have a private dining room for large groups plus an open area. The food is excellent and the service is even better. You must try whatever fish is on special.

• Visited June 2013