“consistently fabulous!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you don't have a favorite...like the shrimp toast or the hot, sour, spicy soup, then ask one of the owners to recommend something. You will not be steered wrong. Chi should be mayor of Costa Mesa - she knows everyone!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were treated to dinner here by two local friends who are regulars at this wonderful restaurant. The female owner greeted us joyfully upon arrival. She knew we were coming and was delighted to see her old friends and to meet us. Having eaten here for years, our friends knew the best dishes and ordered us eggrolls to start. They were huge and delicious. Certainly the best eggrolls I have had, outside of Hong Kong. It worked out well that all four of us enjoy spicy foods. Having been encouraged to each order a dish for all of us to share, I ordered the Orange Peel Chicken, which was a wonderfully tasty, spicy entree. My boyfriend ordered Szechuan Chicken. Loved it. One of our friends ordered Kung Pao Beef. It was the best we have ever had. Perfect blend of flavors, spicy, wonderful. I will definitely order that again! The other friend ordered Mandarin Hot Shrimp. Again...a delight. The male owner, who is the chef, came out to visit our table and was very friendly. When we left...three hours later...both of the owners hugged us like old friends and we find ourselves thoroughly charmed by the experience of eating here. It is not fancy, but fancy does not make the food better. If you want fabulous Chinese food with a unique flair...try this restaurant.

3  Thank Sherri L
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had been hearing about this place for a few years and I had not eaten here. I used to eat at another Chinese restaurant as my go to place for Chinese food, but after it changed ownership, my beloved go to place was no more. In search for a new Chinese restaurant, I decided to stop in at Golden Dragon with some friends. It is now my new go to place. The food was very good the flavors authentic and the family that owns and runs this place couldn't be anymore warm and inviting. It's like each table is part of their family. Momma offer takes guests by the and and seats them, it is not uncommon to get a big hug of gratitude from Momma as you leave. The feeling is as warm and wonderful as the food.
I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

My family loves this place! We don't eat Chinese food any where else. We have had birthday parties, anniversaries and always go when we have friends in town. We've been going there since they opened their doors over 30 years ago. If you want to be treated like royalty, eat delicious food and leave with a smile on your face. . .this is for you! Enjoy!

1  Thank Frenchladi
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We went with a large out of town group of 27 (all my new in-laws!) and the restaurant was able to accommodate us at the last second. The entire restaurant staff was fantastic and they were so nice. My youngest sister-in-law ordered a side of curry like she does in Ireland and the staff explained that they cooked curry to order over here. However, when her dinner came out, they made a side of curry for her anyway.

We had the best experience!

I'm really sad that I never went to the Golden Dragon when I was living in Orange County. But now when my wife and I come to town, we will be back!!!

1  Thank Fred M