“What A Great BREAKFAST!!!”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #126 of 520 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had the Cinnamon Brioche French Toast. I'm normally not a French toast person when I eat out but these were awesome. I ordered Le Grand which filled out my plate with sausage and eggs. Wife ordered the delicious Pomme Lyonnaise Benedict. Again, very tasty. These are just a couple of the many options on the menu to turn a traditional eggs and bacon/sausage breakfast into a special treat. Most importantly, the food was better than good. So what was so good? It is hard to excel at breakfast but Mimi's does. The food just tasted really good and far better than you might expect from your typical restaurant breakfast.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I ordered a strawberry walnut strawberry salad. My partner had pancakes ands eggs Benedict with beyon style corn beef and potatoes. The pancakes were the best id ever eaten. Everything else was good but not excellent. The service was fast and friendly. The Decor was odd old school European mixed with French provincial. It was pricey, more so than IHOP, but it was higher quality. I'd go again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Huge portions. Comfortable seating and good service. No wait. Convenient parking and close to hospital.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A couple years ago when we came to CA we ate at Mimi's for dinner. At this time, their menu was different and they also offered breakfast in the evening. It was very good, so when we returned this time, we ate at Mimi's for dinner again. The new menu for lunch/dinner has a lot to be desired. I wasn't too thrilled with my food and the server was MIA for quite a bit of time that I gave up and just ate most of it. We tried Mimi's again for breakfast before we left and it was very good! I had the strawberry waffles and they were some of the best I've tasted! The service at breakfast was much better than dinner, however we were there for longer than we'd planned because the kitchen was a bit slow at cooking.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a whim; it was a weekday and the place was fairly busy. They were offering a special "3 course" luncheon for ten bucks that included soup or salad, a main course, and a little dessert. I went with that and had the broccoli soup (quite nice), and chicken with swiss cheese, accompanied by a bit of spinach and a helping of mashed potato on the side, and a mini sundae for dessert. My dining companion went with french onion soup (thumbs up) and some sort of higher end salad that was well received (sorry I can't be more precise; suffice it to say that the salad was crisp and disappeared in short order); as well as a specialty drink containing alcohol that also got a very good reception. This isn't the main dining room of the Ritz Carlton, but for what it is, an affordable restaurant with a nice decor, it was delightful. Staff was very cheery and nice, too, from the greeter at the door to the busboys.