“Great Brunch & Awesome Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avanti Cafe - CLOSED

Avanti Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Costa Mesa, California
“Great Brunch & Awesome Dinner”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I love their French Toast and Waffle for Brunch!! Super flavorful and makes you want more...

After being there a few times, I finally tried dinner... Everything was fabulous! Our one eyed Pizza was awesome. Only thing I didn't like much was their brownies...I guess it was too sweet for my taste.

Visited July 2012

Los Angeles
“Fresh, Wonderful Vegetarian Cuisine”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Don't be fooled by the strip mall surrounding Avanti Cafe. It is a wonderful, inventive restaurant with healthy, delicious food! I love the One Eye Pizza and the Shiitake/Yam Pizza (pizzas are served as a long strip, not round, and piled with toppings). Only keep in mind that dishes take some time to prepare, so let your server know if you're in a rush.

Great prices, delicious choices.

• Visited May 2012
Newport Beach, California
“Healthy AND delicious”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stopped in for takeout lunch and was thrilled with the imaginative choices. Chose the grilled cheese which was unlike any I've had before: cranberry walnut whole grain bread, gourmet cheeses and greens. Sandwich comes with salad served with a fabulous blood orange dressing. Only complaint was kitchen packed sandwich (hot, dry item) in same container next to salad (cold, wet item). No fork or napkins were included.

Newport Beach, California
“Good for you gourmet food--that you will enjoy!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My 8 year old and I go here and sit outside. It is in a shopping center without a view, but we like to people watch and tempt them with our vegetarian delights. Let me just say that we are not vegetarians. But the cheese plate, appetizers and pizzas are so good here, who misses meat? Everything is homemade and locally grown (sometimes in the owner's garden). They make their own cheeses and breads. I even get the cheese plate to go all the time.
Another thing we love is the sharing and building of the meal. You add cheese to your bread and maybe some sweet nuts? Or sweet onion chutney? Or their specially made spices from the spice treasure chest? It is fun for both of us.
I would highly recommend this eatery, whether you are vegetarian, vegan, or carnivore.

Irvine, California
“Food could be good but the manager has no idea about repeat customer service.”
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We were looking forward to the food at Avanti, after having seen the menu. We had a Groupon that we wanted to use but the time when we went, it was being remodeled. We called today and the manager said that they only were honoring the Groupon until LAST wednesday. Well how were we suppose to know that? She would do nothing to help except to suggest that we take it up with Groupon. Not even face value! Business must be good.

• Visited March 2011