BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Mesa Inn
US$259
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$116
BLVD Hotel(Costa Mesa)
US$99
US$89
AscendHotels
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$91
US$199
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewswelcome basketsnack basketbest westernsgranola barsjack in the boxhot breakfastfair groundsfree breakfastorange countyfresh fruiteasy accessgreat place to staylarge roomconvenient locationbeds were very comfortablewould stay here againcosta mesa area
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have been a regular here at this best western for several years now. the service is very nice. the complimetery breakfast is always great served fresh to you. not grab and go. the personal TOUCH brings me back and friendly service is a great plus. especally for those here on business away from home.. the breakfast staff seems to have toughest job in the hotel.Busy mornings. at fair time and packed weekends i have seen the dining fill in a matter of mins.And most always the staff seem to with determination and grace fill all the guests plates.For sure the breakfast lady could use more help but, as for my many visits here I recomend this best western to my family and friends. Ask for mary and look for Francesca if you are hungry Her Pizza Rocks. Or Just craving a late night piece of choclate cake or ice cream cookie CALL FOR ROOM SERVICE.By the way wireless phone service this week has been challenging. thank you for another great stay.

Room Tip: third foor 333 next to elevator easy access to parking garage
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Decided to stop in costa mesa on our drive back home from mexico. Everyone else was sold out due to fair nearby and some surfing event at the beach; finally got to the end of the strip at best western. way over priced for the location, but overall decent stay. However, there as alot noise in the parking lot shortly after we arrived. we had checked in late and wanted to get a little sleep before we hit the road next morning. called from desk to complain and they just said dont worry about.... that was it... nothing just "dont worry about it" and hung up. called back, upset by their response, and was clear about it, the guy then apologized for the inconvenience and the short response, then advised they were dealing with the situation

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
najekhlas, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Mesa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Honorable Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor to let us and others know about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Newport Mesa Hotel in Costa Mesa/Newport BH.
Your feed back helping us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
We apologize for not exceeding your expectation to earn your 100% satisfaction. We hope to serve you once again in the near future so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Naj Ekhlas

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I had another excellent overnighter at the Newport Mesa Inn in Orange County CA. Location is perfect. Front dest is always friendly and hospitable.Pool and jacuzzi are new and prestine. Room is spotless and smell so good when you walk in. Breakfast at Francesco`s is exceptional in an intimate Italian setting with seating indoors and outdoors. I got there just before the "rush" and had exceptional service and many options to choose with hot breakfast entrees. I recommend this hotel minutes to Newport Beach, South Coast Plaza, the OC airport and freeways.

Room Tip: I ask for the 3rd floor because it has nice lounge chairs and toward the back away from any noise. Sometimes I get it and sometimes not, but all the rooms are basically the same. The snack basket in all the rooms and water bottles on arrival add a nice touch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2012

For my short business stay, this hotel had everything I needed. Easy access to the 55 freeway, a marvelously clean room, plenty of space, a flat screen TV, free WiFi and ample parking. The front desk was friendly, courteous and helpful. So why not 5 stars?

The breakfast was just decent; very typical hotel fair. No complaint; it just is what it is...

The AC was incredibly loud, and if I wasn't so tired it would have kept me up all night. Maybe it was just my room, but it who knows? Finally, the exercise room was below par, but I have to sy I haven't been to very may really good ones in hotels at this level.

All in all, a very good choice. Make sure you get a good price to seal this deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

this hotel was quality - clean and comfortable, 24hr desk, hot breakfast, excellent facilities, quiet (double glazed windows), fast hard-wired internet, elevator, close to the attractions, lovely helpful staff + not expensive = made my stay

Room Tip: a room at the rear is always a plus
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo