“Consistently Consistent”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Clinton, Tennessee
“Consistently Consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Without exception, my years of experience with the Hilton chain has been delightful and this gem did not disappoint in the least. 1st class is not an understatement. A beautiful/comfortable room for starters...excellent climate controlled air conditioning...tasteful decor...super comfortable bed with fantastic sheeting and pillows. The outdoor heated pool was enormous with depths from 3' to 7". It also incorporated 2 waterfalls and a separate islolated hot tub area. With the surrounding palm trees and assorted vegetation, one felt in a somewhat tropical retreat. The exercise area was clean. The equipment was plentiful and top of the line. The bistro was full service (three meals) with a full service bar. The staff was corteous and competent.

Costa Mesa is not exactly a vacation/leisure stop, as one would think in SoCal, but with a supermall and a plethera of assorted restaurants nearby all of one's basic needs are met. The hotel also supplies a free shuttle to the mall. And, with Huntington Beach and Newport Beach less than 10 miles away the California beach scene can still be easily attained.

The question is not whether you could do worse...but whether you could do better!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

This was not my first time at this hotel and I really like the location and the reception. The staff was very nice and I got checked in very professional ( I booked with Priceline ). The room was big and had a king size bed and a big TV. So far so good - but this room was on the second floor and second floor means BELOW street level. The windows were small and the complete feeling in the room was odd and unpleasent. I met other guests in the floor and they tried to change their room - I dont know whether they succeeded.

Room Tip: Do avoid rooms on the second floor - my room was #290 and it was aweful!
1 Thank Ingo S
cleveland, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Overall we liked the hotel for convenience and cleanliness. The location is right off 405. I wish they would just charge you for the hotel and not try to fee you to death with inflated prices for extras. ie $21 per night parking or $3 soft drinks, etc......

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank RiverRider2000
, Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear RiverRider,

We appreciate your review of your recent stay at Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. We're happy to see that you found us centrally located and you're satisfied with our hotel cleanliness. We see that parking cost was a concern. We work hard to personalize each guest's experience while we try to keep costs affordable. We hope that next time you're in Costa Mesa, you'll stay with us again!

Greenwich CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hotel is on a main highway so there is little outdoor ambiance. Food was pretty mediocre. Rooms were okay but rather dark or so bright, hard to sleep.

Room Tip: Not many available and I didn't find a good one, had two.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear CTNYC 16,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and restaurant. We're very sorry that the food quality didn't meet your expectations. At Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa, we want to serve fresh, tasty dishes with the caring touches of home. We work continually to improve our menu offerings, and your comments will help us improve. New perspectives about our hotel guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

We hope you'll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

sdchrgrschick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here as part of a room block for a wedding. It was a nice hotel, great rooms, and very friendly staff. Our room was clean upon arrival, and we received a fridge, as requested. We used the pool a lot, and it was nice. The fitness center was up to date. My biggest complaint, that should be addressed as soon as possible, is the last stair at the entrance to the pool area. The last stair is set out farther than the rest, and is not clearly marked, there is a small sign at the bottom that states to watch your step, but its not obvious. One of my family members missed the step, I almost missed it, and I watched a lady fall becuase of that last step in the middle of the day. It needs to be marked more clearly, lit up and night, and it should be painted red or something. They need to address this. Also, at about 10:15pm I requested an extra foam pillow... I finally got the pillow after 11pm (after I gave up on waiting and fell asleep).

Overall the stay was great. The staff was excellent, and always friendly. Every staff member I encountered acknowledged me, with a good morning/afternoon, etc, and a smile. Keep it up!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sdchrgrschick
wooloomooloo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I first stayed here last year as I had to catch an early flight from SNA airport, and found this hotel to be quite ordinary then. I recently returned to attend a convention (i.e. not my choice of accommodation) and if anything this place has gotten significantly worse. My room was dark, pokey and musty, and I could hear every sound from the noisy corridor. The furniture in the room was mismatching and looked like it had been recycled from the convention rooms. The toilet lid was missing. The sheets were damp and smelly. This hotel obviously makes so much money from conventions and airport traffic, it has given up trying. For instance, a used room service tray that was outside the room opposite mine when I checked in, was still there two days later when I checked out.
On the plus side, the staff were much friendlier than I remember from my first visit, even though they couldn't change my room because of 100% occupancy that weekend. Still, this does not make up for the serious shortcomings of the Hilton OC/Costa Mesa - stay elsewhere if you have the choice.

1 Thank dr_iggy
, Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Dr. Diggy,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We're very sorry that you were unhappy with your experience at Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. At our hotel, we know that how our guestrooms look is very important. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements on an ongoing basis.

On the bright side, we're happy to hear that you found our staffs friendly and helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Costa Mesa you'll stay with us and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Overall this was a very nice hotel for my meeting and my meeting attendees. They were very accommodating and willing to help. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Meeting room was nice except the lighting was a little weak. Restaurant albeit pricey as in most hotels the food and the breakfast especially was excellent. Location is very good close to South Coast Mall, the Beach and to the airport. I definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure travelers.

Room Tip: I dont have any recommendations on which room to choose. Sorry