“Great location, friendly staff, and very accommodating.”

Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location, friendly staff, and very accommodating.”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel is everything you expect from a Hilton. A great location (at least for me), very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The room was modern and up to date. Valet parking was extremely efficient and friendly offering a better route to John Wayne Airport than I was using.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear RichardK:

It was our pleasure hosting your recent stay in Southern California. Thank you for your comments and for noting our staff's commitment to providing the highest level of guest service. As you mentioned, the Hilton Costa Mesa Orange County offers a terrific location, with close proximity to so much the area offers-shopping, business centers throughout Costa Mesa, Irvine, Santa Ana, and Newport as well as convenience to John Wayne Airport while not being at the airport.

Thank you once again for choosing the Hilton Costa Mesa Orange County.

Rob A. Gauthier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the Costa Mesa/Newport Beach area over the years, but this is where I'll stay from now on. Recently spent one night here and everything was perfect. The staff is friendly and professional and the recently renovated 7th floor room was beautiful. Most surprisingly, the food (dinner and breakfast) was excellent -- far exceeded our expectations, as often times hotel food is mediocre or worse. This hotel is ideally located for shopping, access to Orange County offices and John Wayne airport. Thank you to all of the hotel staff for such an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room, upper floor, not near elevator and that's exactly what I got.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear RightOnThe Corner:

As a seasoned traveler, your comments are especially appreciated. On behalf of the staff, thank you for noticing how hard we're working to provide not only well appointed accommodations with upscale amenities, but service that exceeds our guests' expectation. The Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County is conveniently located near Orange County/John Wayne Airport, but not at the airport. We're walking distance of several entertainment venues, the wonderful shopping choices at South Coast Plaza, and within minutes of the major business centers in Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Santa Ana and down the street from some of the best beaches in Southern California.

Thank you once again for choosing the Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County. We look forward to having you back soon!

Best regards,

Rob Gauthier
California City, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a business trip. The price was very inviting for advance booking. I had to check in later than normal but that was not a problem... The hotel restaurant was still available for me to catch a bite before heading to my room. I actually had to remind my self that I was in the hotel and not in an elegant nite club in the city. The wait staff was very accommodating. The Valet employees were also accomodating. My room was very clean and well stocked with supplies. The bed was absolutely a dream to sleep in. I didn't have the greatest view because of the location of the room but since my stay was only for one night, I didn't mind not having a view. I was offered complimentary Wi-Fi service which I was very happy about.

Room Tip: Advance booking helps with getting a good room rate. If you desire a great view request a room above...
Dear AVR41:

Thank you for your kind comments about the Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County. On behalf of our staff, it was a pleasure being your host. The Hilton offers terrific convenience to major business centers throughout Orange County, as well as a multitude of shopping, entertainment venues, and the sandy beaches of Southern California.

The Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County is completing its refresh and our new rooms, as well as other public areas, great pool and fully equipped health club are the reasons we're #1 with so many travelers. Also, 24 hour in-room dining, the Bristol Palms restaurant and lounge with the real brick pizza bar, and convenient lobby Starbucks provide our guests the options they enjoy. Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to having you back soon.

Rob Gauthier
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Once or twice a year I stay at the Hilton in Costa Mesa and did so on March 13, 2013. Even though I checked in a little after midnight, the staff was friendly and prompt. My room was ready and the bar was still open. The room was very clean and comfortable. The in-room coffee was very good, but I could have opted for the Starbucks in the lobby. Check out was swift and painless. Parking prices are very high, but that seems to be the new normal. The front drive is under construction so the entrance is not quite as convenient as usual. The hotel bar is an “in” place, and the hotel restaurant is very good. Overall a great stay very close to John Wayne Airport and central Orange County. Be sure to check the web site for an AAA or military discount.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Dear Crewdog13:

Thank you for the great comments about the Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County, especially the amenities offered throughout the hotel and the convenient location to so much in the area - Orange County/John Wayne Airport, a multitude of shopping options, entertainment, and the major business hubs in Orange County.

Our spacious upscale guest rooms have big comfortable beds, a 40 inch flat screen TV with a wide choice of viewing selections, gourmet coffee and teas and the Cuisinart coffee maker, and many rooms have balconies.

Besides 24 hour in-room dining, the lobby lounge is welcoming after a busy day and fresh, California menu selections, including our brick oven pizza, is far above the typical hotel fare in our dining room.

For travelers requiring parking, like many hotels located in high demand areas across the country we charge for parking. We have made every effort to minimize our fees, charging well below our competition.

Thank you once again for choosing the Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County. We look forward to your return soon!

Germantown
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and hoped the construction would be over. No such luck and from my perspective I had a hard time seeing the upgrade from the work
Be warned that any room that is next to the elevators will be noisy 24/7. The room is separated from the elevator lobby and you would think noise was not a problem but by some strange quirk the room X69 where X is your floor number is filled with sounds of the elevator machinery
Sadly when I notified the desk of the problem at check out the response was disappointing...checking my profile and telling me I needed to request a room away from elevators! Is there anyone who would want to listen to that noise all night!?
Gym was nice and well appointed and equipped with a a lot of machines (not much in the way of weights/resistance)
The upside of the renovations is the club level is closed so they do a reception in the main lobby which had some great snacks. They said the drinks were subsidized but that seemed hard to believe given the "subsidized" price

• Stayed March 2013
Dear DrNic1:

I am very sorry that your recent stay at the Hilton Costa Mesa/Orange County did not meet your expectations and can sympathize with your frustration. It is totally unacceptable that one of our guests was unable to enjoy a quiet, relaxing experience in their guest room. I can honestly state that I haven't received any negative comments about elevator noise in this hotel so I am surprised, but will be immediately investigating.

On behalf of the staff, thank you for choosing the Hilton; I hope you will allow us another opportunity to improve your opinion and truly enjoy the hotel so many guests choose as their #1 in Orange County.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 March 2013

It's a nice hotel - a bit older, off the beaten path - but near John Wayne airport and South Coast Plaza.

It's not a luxury Hilton, but a good solid business choice.

You won't go wrong here. It's a decent hotel if you want a value full service stay.

Room Tip: Ask not to stay on or near construction floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear TravelManSouth:

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa. We're the #1 choice for many travelers, whether driving in or flying into nearby Orange County/John Wayne Airport, seeking the ideal location in the Costa Mesa/Irvine/Santa Ana/Newport area with close proximity to everything offered-major business centers, extensive shopping, entertainment, and beaches. We've completed a refresh that includes redoing our spacious guest rooms with upscale furnishings and appointments from floor to ceiling and our balconies still offer the best view of the beautiful Southern California sunsets!

24 hour in-room dining service, our enjoyable atrium lobby lounge, restaurant with real brick oven pizza kitchen, and a nearby Starbucks Barista standing ready provides hotel guests with many options. Our outdoor pool is inviting and a fully equipped exercise center offers guests every option for a good work-out while traveling.

On behalf of the staff, we appreciate being your host and hope you'll come back soon to see all our exciting new changes.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I made a reservation on a Wednesday to attend a wedding at the hotel on a Saturday. When I arrived on Saturday, they had no record of the reservation, no rooms available, and basically told me and my date that we were simply out of luck. The on duty manager claimed that it was my responsibility to provide a confirmation number (which the hotel's reservation receptionist did not give to me), and because I didn't have one, there was nothing they could do. The reservation person did remember to take my credit card number however. They did not have any rooms available for contingencies, and refused to call any other local hotels to help given the timing and circumstances. We had arrived two hours before the event needing to change into our wedding attire, and by the time the hotel finished confirming that it had no record of our reservation and had no intention of helping us, the wedding was about to begin. Worst customer service experience I've ever had. No accountability, no empathy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David L
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear David L:

I am truly sorry there was confusion regarding your reservation to stay in town for this wedding. The process of taking a room reservation at the Hilton Costa Mesa/ Orange County involves reconfirming the details of the reservation 3 separate times including the guest receiving an email or text confirmation with all details. "Lost reservations" would be a very difficult result to create in the national Hilton Reservation System, where reservations are taken. I am doing further research into this matter.

By your review I understand you are angry. The imposition you were placed in must have been very frustrating. Unfortunately, the hotel was completely occupied during the period you are speaking about and we were unable to accomodate nonreserved guests. In regard to our staff not assisting by calling nearby hotels, I am investigating as it is not our policy to be unhelpful. Our reception staff are highly regarded for their service; this isolated incident requires immediate follow-up so there are no future issues.

Once again, I am apologetic about your frustration and am sorry your impression was not based on staying in our hotel as I am certain your review would have been entirely different.

Best wishes,

The Westin South Coast Plaza
The Westin South Coast Plaza
#6 of 23 in Costa Mesa
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport

Been to Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!