1,298 results
All reviews the executive lounge south coast plaza orange county nice hotel self parking john wayne airport business trip definitely stay here again free shuttle fitness center close to the airport newport beach conference lobby costa starbucks mall
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My stay at the Hotel was very pleasant, the staff were very helpful and very kind. The Restaurant and Bar was awesome, although more menu options would be better. Airport Transfer was very convenient and on time. Only issue was that the Wi Fi was having technical issues while I was there. I will definitely use this hotel next time I am in OC and I will recommend to any friends that are travelling to the OC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Yolanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Daniel M.,

I am happy to hear that our staff were very helpful and very kind and the Restaurant and Bar was awesome. Our airport shuttle is complimentary to all our guests and is a great amenity. Thank you for recommending the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa to all your friends.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed from the 22nd of March until the 31th. I've payed everything in cash.

Yesterday I received my credit card bill and there is 12,98 dollars in charge!
I live in Brazil,I have the receipts clearly showing everything was payed.
Now I'll send them by fax the receipt and I hope they'll get everything OK.
It was a bad surprise!
We enjoyed the time we were there, everything was so fine... what is correct is correct no matter if it is one dollar or a hundred dollars!!!
My name is Lisabete Gardenal Epiphanio

1  Thank lisabete garden... e
Yolanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Lisabete Gardenal Epiphanio,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the service you received was great. We hope you will have another chance to visit us from Brazil again real soon. The staff and I strive to make our guests stay comfortable, convenient and exceeding you expectations.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Title says it all. I liked everything about this hotel except the wireless Internet service. Food was great, facilities well kept, clean, staff friendly and generally helpful. But, the Internet service was weak and spotty when it worked. My only reliable service was in the office area near the front desk.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Yolanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Michael B.

Our Tech Lounge is certainly a great option to use at any time of day or night for all your emailing, printing and on line transactions. The 2 TV's in the lounge allow you to relax in between as well. Please know that the provider has corrected the issue you encountered. Thank you for you wonderful comments regarding our service and we hope you will have the opportunity to visit again real soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

It's a Hilton so as always; you can expect clean, comfortable accommodations that are more than adequate. The only reason I'm giving just 3 stars is because although it is a very nice hotel, the cons outweigh the pros (at least for me) so if you need a place to stay in the area, there may be better options.

The biggest issue I had was with parking. It is not reasonable to charge paid hotel guests $23 per day for self-parking. I've been to many nicer hotels that offer free parking and in general it's rare for a hotel to charge guests to park. I understand that this is California which has a high cost of living and the big parking structure needs to be paid for but if you want my business, you'll let me park for free or only charge me a couple of bucks. $23 a day for paid guests to park is a deal breaker for me no matter how you slice it. I did speak to a manager about this and she said that most high end hotels in Orange County charge for parking. While this is a very nice hotel, it isn't really high end. In fact, there was nice Crown Plaza across the street with free parking. To the hotel's credit, the manger did offer to refund me the parking charges but this doesn't make it right.
It seems that the hotel has a Water Softener because no matter how hard you scrub, it's very difficult to get the slimy soapy feeling off your skin. Sure, I've heard the benefits of Water Softeners but many guests either aren’t used to them to simply don’t like them. I would specifically choose not to stay in a hotel if I knew they used a water softener; I didn’t know about this one until it was too late. This would be another deal breaker for me. When I asked a manager about it, she did not know if the hotel used a water softener but said that she’d check with engineering.

Water bottles in the room were $6 which is insane although I'd happily pay that amount if I was stranded in the Mojave Desert and had more cash than water. If you're thirsty and refuse to drink tap water, walk across the street to the gas station, they have a great selection of any beverage you desire.

There is what appeared to be nice breakfast buffet, pretty much the standard fare that you'd find in any Hilton but its $21 plus tax and tip. There is no option for a less costly Continental breakfast so you will be paying $21 plus tax and tip even if you just want a bagel and piece of fruit. However, they do have cooked to order items that cost less if you have time to wait. Thank goodness for the McDonald's across the street.

Perhaps it's because my room was just above Bristol Street in the front of the hotel but there was considerable traffic noise outside that brings back memories a Motel 6 on the interstate that you stop at when you're dead tired from driving all day.

On the plus side, there was a Starbucks in the lobby and the Barista had a nice friendly smile. To the hotel's credit, I was provided with complementary Wi-Fi access and my room itself was more than adequate other than the outside noise. Customer service was really good also. If parking was free and they got rid of the water softener, I'd have no problem at all returning.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the street or near the hotel entrance may be noisy.
1  Thank AdvTravelR
Yolanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear AdTravelR,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see your room was great and your service was exceeding your expectations. I would encourage you to check our website with several options for room packages where several items such as parking would be included in the room rate.
Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Checking in was fast and easy, but my room was not ready. They took my phone number and called me when it was ready. My room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. Nice location but you probably need the shuttle, rental car, or taxi to visit the local attractions. This is a very large hotel mostly served by two elevator bays (8) elevators, sometimes making it difficult to catch an open elevator. Get up early and prepare to wait ~ 30min if you like Starbucks, the line was long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that you can view the Disneyland fireworks from!
1  Thank georgias944

Dear Georgias944,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. Yes, everyone loves their Starbucks' in the morning and then late afternoon. Our hotel does offer a free shuttle to and from the South Coast Plaza and to and from John Wayne Airport. For a car rental Enterprise does deliver the car to the hotel for your convenience. Some local attractions and fun areas to visit are Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Newport & Balboa Island, Universal Studios, Hollywood and Los Angeles to name a few. We hope you and your family will return to enjoy some of these local areas again.

Regards,