Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County(Costa Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$177
US$141
US$180
  • Pool
All reviewsfree covered parkingbreakfast room isyard housefront desknicely updated hotelnewport beachmedium sizeeasy walking distanceunderground garageexercise roomoutdoor poolconvenient locationshower headnice hotelrooms are cleanearly checkwould stay here again
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I love the holiday express inns as we don't stay in hotels for the breakfast, but this one is one of our favourites due to the great location. Close to a Starbucks and Newport Beach. The smell is only in the elevators and due to a natural spring. Great rooms and good wifi. Will definitely go back, this was our 2nd visit. Totally recommend. Yummy Mexican restaurant just down the road.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice hotel with all the most current Holiday Inn Express features. The carpeting in the hallway are brand new and different than anything I have ever seen in a HI Express. The rooms are all spotless and the beds are comfortable. In the room having the Directv is a great bonus. Had about 120 channels to choose from which put it well above most in room entertainment.
There are a couple downsides however. Parking at this hotel is quite simply a mess. You have two choices, you can parallel park outside or shoehorn your car in the basement garage with spaces that never met a SUV. Anything bigger than a Prius is going to have fun with these. Second in the two times we have stayed here I have never seen more than one person working. This can leave you waiting at the front a while if something comes up.

Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a view of an apartment next door. And by view I mean you look at the exterior walkway 10 feet away from your widow... Not the most appealing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here with a group attending a conference nearby. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and the breakfast choices were pretty nice: pre-made egg & cheese omelets, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, muffins, and make your own waffles. Just off the 55 freeway south and close to the John Wayne Airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear joyful1LasVegas,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. We are pleased you did enjoy our clean rooms and comfortable beds and complimentary Express Start Breakfast. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice hotel, typical for the brand. Slightly older structure; but fresh interior/lobby; etc.

Staff was courteous, though I had limited contact with them.

Stayed for business. My room was on 2nd floor, located to the rear of the building. Access was very easy and it was very quiet.

Everything was clean/functional, etc. No issues at all.

Room Tip: Try and request a room to the rear of the building since the hotel is located on a frontage road/interstate interchange area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I booked this room on business because it was close to John Wayne Airport and not a bad drive to the company I was visiting. The room was great, the bed comfortable and the staff very friendly and courteous. However when I checked out I noticed that I was charged $50 a night more for my 2nd, 3rd and 4th night stay over the booking rate I signed for. I stay exclusively at IHG hotels and book for business purpose at company rates and have never had my rate jacked on me before. I'll have some explaining to do to my company about the charges.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bryan B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Bryan B,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.