“LOVE this hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice in the the span of a few months when they first rennivated and we loved it. This is a very nice and modern hotel. Rooms are kinda small but nice. Beds are super comfy! Hotel staff are very nice and helpful. Gym was not too shabby. Bar was nice but didn't bother eating at their restaurant cause of all the other delicious places nearby.

There is a McDonalds right next door and a mini Japanese Plaza and market about a block away. My husband and I walked to the market's food court to eat everyday of our stay.

West Coast Plaza is a two minute drive and a few miles in the other direction are more "mom and pop" Japanese restaurants (which I love!) Target and Little Saigon are nearby; a close drive.

Highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MsMuffet76
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thanks so much for the stellar review and recommendation! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and love hearing that you enjoyed both of your recent stays. It is our pleasure to provide amenities for our guests, such as the comfortable beds and gym, and we're glad to hear you took advantage of our central Orange County location! We look forward to hosting you and your husband again.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Although this was a business trip, the service and amenities made it feel like a vacation. The facilities were impeccable and the service was personalized. They provided excellent room service. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Later they delivered a beautiful fruit tray and delicious water from Norway. The entire hotel was beautifully decorated with warm, soothing colors and contemporary, yet comfortable furnishings... The walk-in glass shower was to die for...with a rain shower head and your could visually see the temperature of the water as you adjusted it...no need to wait for it to warm up. The pool sported elegant cabanas and a very nice pool. They also provide a free shuttle in a five mile radius of the hotel. This not only includes the airport, but various shopping and entertainment venues. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples or families traveling.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want a room that does not face the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with such great details! Our hotel was recently remodeled by Martha Burke and we’re glad you enjoyed her work as much as we do. We are also glad to hear that although you traveled on business you were still able to enjoy the pool area and other amenities we offer our guests. It’s our goal to make every visit feel special regardless of the reason for the stay! We will be sure to pass along your compliments of the salmon to our Executive Chef David Fune as we’ve recently debuted his new menu and he appreciates all guest feedback. We hope to see you again the next time business or pleasure bring you to the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My 15 year old daughter and I stayed two nights recently at this Hotel. She was doing a water polo tournament and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It used to be a Holiday Inn but was taken over by Hanford hotels, everything is new. It was very stylishly decorated and very elegant. The bathroom shampoo and conditioner was terffic, as the rain shower head. My daugher was so tired from her games. I called the Savoy restaraunt and asked if I could order some dinner and pick it up to avoid room services charges, they said absolutely. The food very good. The internet connect on Sat. evening was overloaded, it can only accomodate 150, so we had trouble getting on the server with our PC, but somehow our ipad had no problem. The hotel was also sold out. Between the Hilton across the street and the Hanford, there were about 270 girls participating. The parking is free, and there was plenty of it. The wi-fi was also free. It had a coffee maker. Truly a very pleasant stay.

TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide details of your stay at The Hotel Hanford. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our décor as our decorator, Martha Burke, worked very hard on this remodel. Along with the new look there was also a new menu released by Executive Chef David Fune, so we will be sure to pass along your stellar review of your meals. It’s wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities, such as free parking and wifi, and it was our pleasure to host you and your daughter during her tournament. We look forward to seeing you again for the next one!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed here for business travel at the end of February and booked this hotel on Priceline. Great location for this hotel near South Coast Plaza and John Wayne Airport. The hotel is super clean and loved the newly remodeled decor. The rooms were nicely appointed and the rain shower was a treat. The staff was very friendly and helpful, as well. I did not notice the road noise during the night even though my room faced the street.

The workout room was also clean and had good equipment. I would only suggest some sanitizing wipes to clean the equipment before and after use.

All in all, I would stay here again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at The Hotel Hanford. We value your feedback and love hearing that you enjoyed your stay. Your suggestion for adding sanitary wipes in the gym is appreciated and we'll looking into this option. It is always a pleasure to host business travelers and we hope to have the opportunity again should your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Well situated hotel. Liked the decor and room furnishings. Only complaint was that the rain shower didn't work properly and the handheld shower head leaked. Consequently, there was no way to avoid water on the floor.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, Catherine. We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to pass along your kind words on the décor to Martha Burke who is responsible for our recent remodel. We’d like to address the shower issue you mentioned in your review. We would appreciate it if you would kindly send us an email to thehotelhanford@gmail.com with any information we can use to identify the room (room number, the name in which your reservation was made) so we can take care of any problems. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Hanford for 1 night with our toddler. Customer Service was good, room was nice. The hotel has been redone and they didn't match the decor too good but overall the stay was nice. I would not recommend eating at the restaraunt becuase the food is not what you pay for. So many places in the area I would just try those out. Location was good...close to freeways and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

It was our pleasure to be able to host you and your family at The Hotel Hanford. Your feedback is valued and we appreciate the time you took to write this review.Would you be so kind as to elaborate on your dining experience in Savoy by sending us an email to thehotelhanford@gmail.com? As we said, you’re feedback is important to us and we would like to have a better understanding of your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you and your family the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was a great hotel. Very close to the Santa Ana John Wayne Airport. The rooms were really clean! The bathroom was a perfect size, although when I got out of the shower everyday there was a huge puddle on the floor from the shower leaking. Great Rainhead Shower. If your room is facing the expressway, it can be a bit noisy. Also, my air conditioning unit woke me up two nights in a row around 6 am. I turned it off the rest of my stay there, which was for 8 days. The Inroom Safe was Perfect! Great for jewelry, laptop, Bose headsets, fits alot. The front desk staff were all really nice and helpful when needed. My TV was not working and when I called the front desk the service tech on duty that night fixed it right away. Loved that this hotel was free parking and wifi. The only thing that would be a complaint for me was that I missed the 10 day cut off by one day to get the hotel rate @ 25% off. So I paid full price. Otherwise my room would have been $125.00 per night, I paid $179.00. I had asked one of the front desk staff people if they could work with me on this but they would not change it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back not the freeway. The picture on the internet of the King Room is the Kin...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! We’re so pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our guest amenities. The detail you’ve provided in your review is valued and we appreciate your feedback on the AC unit and shower. Would you be so kind as to send your name or room number to thehotelhanford@gmail.com so we can check on that shower leak? It was our pleasure to host you at our hotel and we hope to see you the next time your travels being you to the area. Also, be sure to visit our website to sign up for our emails in order to keep an eye out for those specials.