“Great restaurant service!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Ontario, California
“Great restaurant service!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Most recent stay here, I received excellent service and the order was accurate. As a fact, I hadn't even approached my table and Erik was already there to ask what I wanted to drink. Lupe also was serving me by simply asking me if I needed anything as he walked by. This is amazing!! Why doesn't other restaurants do the same (?) - This would revolutionize the whole industry! The service here is actually typical of this hotel. I am undergoing medical treatments now but when I return to the area (July), I plan to stay at same location...without any hesitation. Everyone is great at this hotel. IHG and CP should use this location as a training ground for each respective area of service. The manager is outstanding, which may be the reason of such dedicated staff.
My stay: April 8-12, 2013

Room Tip: as always, choose "away" from any highway
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Thomas J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is ok. Clean, comfortable. The reason why I would never stay here again is breakfast. Had to stay there for a week last March. Because we had to leave early every day, we had no time to stop anywhere else to eat. Shame, because their breakfast can spoil your mood. The choice is poor, every day it's exactly the same thing, and for some really weird reason their Danish pastries and croissants are ALWAYS stale, as if they were bought a week earlier! There is no toast or normal bread at all and if you ask for it, they look at you as if you asked for something really fancy. Whether you get juice or not depends on the mood of a waiter that particular day.. The whole experience is infuriating and enough to put you of staying there ever again..

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank bewareofkate
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear bewareofkate,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy that you found our rooms to be comfortable for your stay. However, please accept my apologies that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to standards. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2013

From the minute I walked in, I was treated rudely! Front desk person was extremely rude and even at one pointed tried to accuse me of being a liar. We clearly stated when booking online that we were travelling with our pets, even got an email confirmation that the hotel sent us but then the front desk guy said that we did not mention. We had no help with our bags, just stare-downs and then later found 3 bugs in our room. Finally, we were rudely woken up at 8 am with threats that if our pets (2 small dogs that don't bark at all) made any noise while left in the room alone while we were out that "we would have a problem"!! Why charge for a pet fee and claim to be "pet friendly" if you're going to harass the ppl who come with their pets?!! We were so upset and disgusted by how we were being treated by this point that we immediately checked out and refused to stay here for the remainder of the trip! I was not about to leave my dogs there, who knows what they will do!! Still trying to get a refund for that night we didn't stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pinchy29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear pinchy29,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We recently stayed here to attend my sister's wedding last Friday. The lobby, restaurant and room were modern & updated. The hot breakfast buffet was good and there was always cold water with lemon at the lobby for arriving guest. My sister's bridal suite was nice. Overall, our experience was great but the most I want to commend is Frank the front desk receptionist. He went over and beyond our expectations. Our cousin from Wisconsin got stuck at the airport waiting for the shuttle but she was asked to take the cab and the hotel paid for the inconvenience. Frank was very warm and accommodating to all our questions and requests. His partner Grant was also great.
I definitely will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GDizon
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Great location, clean rooms, looks remodeled on inside, clean linens, comfortable beds and pillows. great shower and bathroom amenities. Good happy hour, Ashley our bartender friendly as well as other employees. Would stay there again

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank McHungry
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The guest service at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa was the best I've experienced in any hotel. Both Grant and Lance (Front Desk) went above and beyond in helping me with various needs in the most professional and gracious manner. The hotel is elegantly appointed, restaurant and bar are on-site, and convenient shuttle service is cordially provided, not just to the airport but to nearby South Coast Plaza and elsewhere (call to check-if you have meetings nearby, you may not need a vehicle). Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ServiceMinded
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My boyfriend and I are having a wonderful stay here. The grounds of the hotel are very nice and the rooms cute and comfortable. Last night we had a wonderful time eating and drinking at the bar. We met several nice people and our server/ bartender Ashley is the BEST. We will definitely return to this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013