“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Calgary
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed here last June when we took my step son on his first trip to Disney Land. We wanted a nice hotel at a reasonable price. That is what we got at this hotel!

The staff were all pleaslant. The rooms we spacious, nice decor, clean and the beds were comfortable.

They did have a small pool, that was good enough for kids, and nice loungers to sit and get a tan while they play.

We did have a few meals in the restaurant and the meals were good.

The location was also great, close to the freeway so we could get anywhere we needed.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank carecutch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas NV
Reviewed 26 May 2013

It seems that the Crowne Plaza / Costa Mesa took the time to insure that you have a wonderful stay. The bed was VERY comfortable. You had your choice of pillows for your comfort. The colors in the room were a soothing, calming feel. There was even a miniature "spa" package which was small tubes of different lotions & oils for soothing, calming & reveniating. I liked that they took the time to see to the details. The front desk staff were very pleasant & friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It looked like they may have been redoing the carpet on the 1st floor rooms.A maintenance man was j...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lvcruzers
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I recently stayed here due to problems with a flight. I was really surprised at how good this hotel is.
We were a large group with a very late booking that was bused is. The hotel managed to put on lots of extra staff to get rooms ready, food served and people booked in. And they did it quickly and in such a friendly manner considering how hectic it was.
Foyer is quite nice. I had breakfast as well and it very decent. There is a buffet and a la carte.
The small downfall was the hallways. They were not renovated yet, carpet was old and they smelled of stale cigarette smoke. I found this disconcerting as I am not used to smoking in hotels anymore and find the smell offensive. That said, my fears were allayed once I entered the rooms.
I stayed in a king room. It was quite a good size. The room was clearly recently renovated as well. The bathroom was a good size and had nice touches like really good soap and shaving mirrors. Showers are excellent with good taps, rain style shower head, plenty of hot water and great water pressure.
Comfortable bed with large soft feather pillows and good sheets etc. Plenty of power points and good desk. Outside was a nice looking pool.
This is a great place for a business traveller or for someone on a shopping extravaganza as it is close to two major malls.
Very happy. Would be even happier when they clean up the old hallways.

1 Thank djfowler
Bayshore
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

The crowne plaza is centrally located to major highways. Close to shopping and Dining. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms a are nicely appointed. Bed is reAlly comfortable and the pillows were awesome! Nice pool area and hot tub! Only ate breakfast at the restraunt twice but it was good both times. Loved the small "boutique" feeling of the hotel". Chris at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Highly Reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank jen r
California
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I really like this hotel for many reasons. Most of all, the location is very convenient....just off the 405 (yet quiet), and very convenient to lots of restaurants and the South Coast Plaza mall about a 7-10 minute walk across the highway. I understand from my friends that folks like to stay here because it's very convenient to Disneyland, and the rates are far less expensive! I noticed that most people staying here were on business.

The rooms are decent size, are very nicely decorated, and the beds are very comfortable. I made sure I got a quiet room as I was worried that one facing the main road would keep me awake at nights. I got a room overlooking the pool and the residential neighborhood at the back so it was mostly very quiet.....except on occasion when the dog next door would start barking at 5am, but it wasn't too bad.

I got to try the gym and happy hour dining/lounge while I was here. The gym is relatively well equipped, but with machines and cardio only....no free weights. There is water and towels provided, and a TV to watch while you're on the treadmill. One can still get a decent workout here. I like that you can open the sliding door out to the ground floor garden level for some fresh air vs the ac.

The dining room was nice......has a section for the bar and lounging area with TV, and an outdoor patio style seating area. The servers were all very friendly and made sure we are taken care of. What's great about happy hour (4-7pm) was that wine, beer, and appetizers are 50% off!

Wifi was included and available in the rooms and public areas. If I had more free time I would have liked to sit by the nicely landscaped pool area that looked very nice from my room. There are cabanas and lots of chairs for laying around either the pool or separate jacuzzi nearby.....and it's never crowded. Just noticed a family dining by the pool this morning for breakfast....that looked like fun! I had the buffet breakfast in the mornings for convenience. It was ok. But there's always a MacDonald's right next door if that's more to your liking.

Overall a very good experience here at the CP. I would definitely stay here again....and thank goodness I found out last minute that this hotel was part of the Priority Club which I'm a member of and racked up more points from my stay! :)

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice in the past year due to work conferences that I occasionally have to attend in the area. My job lets me request where I stay so the first time I stayed here, I just picked it based on the location, price, and pictures. I enjoyed my original stay so much that I requested to stay here again. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the lobby is just fancy. Both times that I have visited there was always ample parking and you can request a quieter part of the hotel if you'd like. My second visit, I did notice that from the 3rd floor on the pool side I could hear children screaming and just commotion from the pool area even after 9pm so if you have to go to bed early, then you might want to request to be on the non-pool side of the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area. The furnishings and decor are sleek, modern, and up to date. The linens and pillows are soft and luxurious. It's just like how hotels should be!

My second stay here was over Mother's day 2013 weekend and I was currently pregnant with our first child so my husband faxed over a note for me and had them put a dessert in my room with flowers and they even wrote "Happy Mother's Day" in raspberry sauce on the plate. I thought that was very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: You can always request a quieter floor, and to be on the side of the hotel without the pool if you a...
1 Thank angela e
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Our organization used the Crowne Plaza for a conference. The facilities were just right for our meeting, and perfectly close to the airport.
I was served so graciously by the staff, and want to give kudos particularly to Frank, the man at the front desk who helped me with a problem I had, going above and beyond to make sure my need was met.
The only caveat I'd have is that shower supplies and glassware were not replenished in our room for our second day.

2 Thank Doug C