“Convenient Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Convenient Hotel”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel on May 2-May 5th. Overall, the experience was a pleasant one. Check in and Check out was painless. A very nice gentleman by the name of Javier was super nice and made sure that we were very happy with our stay. The pool was nice and clean with plenty of seats and cabanas outside. The overall decor of the hotel was very glamour chic...just like my style! The shower in the room was amazing with the rain shower head. The room was very clean. The only reason why this place gets a 4 star vs. a 5 star is because of the following reasons: 1) No microwave or fridge in the room, 2) The armoire in the room that was intended for you to keep your clothes in, did not allow much space to open the door...it was right there when you walked in and if someone was coming out of the bathroom or in the room...the door had to be closed, otherwise you would hit the armoire. (I thought that the design of this was kinda weird and you would think that they would have been able to come up with a thin narrow closet instead of the big bulky piece of furniture)

Overall, I would say my stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I CAN'T tell you how impressed I was with this hotel. I upgraded to a suite because I had to bring my 20 month old daughter. I really really need to give kudos to Javier, Jenny, Eric (server who I swear lives there), and the front desk gentleman (I can't remember his name, sorry!!) They were so accomodating and sweet with my daughter. I was there for a work trip and my mom and daughter had so much fun!

the food at the restuaraunt was delicous, and the rooms were super clean. The shuttle was great for us to get around.

There is a mitsuwa market close by.

These folks have really set the bar high for every hotel!! and I travel alot!!!!

they even had a good crib

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank statey
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I love the Crowne Plaza in Costa Mesa, I have stayed here but many times it has been freshly remodeled this year and absolutely beautiful all the employees are trained very well they are always very courteous and very helpful the restaurant food was fantastic I had Stephanie the server wait on me last night she was wonderful the front desk is so helpful courteous and kind and Greg the Bellman is first-class service all the way thank you Ellison Williams
Aka Tony and guy Academy

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lafayette, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The front desk people were just great,friendly and accommodating. The room was as near to perfectly-appointed as could be expected in that price range, and most of the features in the room were new enough to not appear shabby or dated. The cleanliness was outstanding. And, remember this, the best Holiday Inns were built back when heavy construction existed and when hotels were not cheap plaster and thin steel. The double-pane windows and heavy walls and concrete floors and ceilings mean you don't hear people walking above you; and you don't hear noise from the street or from the airport, period. (Like all hotels under $500 per night, they still couldn't get it right about installing the features that make hotel room doors not slam, which is the one sound that defies all insulation and heavy-construction techniques. (Nobody gets that right until one is paying the better part of a thousand per night. A hundred years in the hotel business and somehow quietly-shutting doors are still a total mystery to you. Come on IHG. Get a grip on the obvious with this point.) But, I digress. The patio is amazing and the outdoor warming fireplaces are just charming. The common area lighting is charming and even the foyer has a grand touch to it. They've not done much with the outside, so that one would not know from the street that it was a Crowne Plaza. The exterior itself is unimaginative, (not that "imagination" was ever an Holiday Inn speciality, though quality, cleanliness, value and quiet are). Oh yes, THE BEDS! This hotel gets it right. Many IHG hotels, even 4.5 TripAdvisor rated, still get the beds wrong — way too hard and way too soft. (Folks its 2014: There is now a thing called memory foam. Look into it.) Anyway, this hotel has as close to perfect beds as you'll find at 99% of hotels, even ones going for $600 per night. (I i know because I stayed at $600-per-night Intercontinental, and still the bed was mediocre, though the rest of the place was grand.) But, this place does a coil-and-padding combo that offers great support, but also really gentle comfort. And the pillows are also rocking! And not only that, but they have the classy body-hug pillows, along with four really nicely stuffed, non-wimpy pillows per bed. Note: They have been a bit slow about giving me the gift points Plantinum Elites should get, (and I noticed the other IHG place gave them out right away). So I don't like the idea that I may have to call and remind them. But, even so. This hotel would put to shame rooms hundreds of dollars more than it. It's just the best of Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. Old time service and quality at a competitive price. And again, love you front desk folks. You are the best!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter, since all the rooms will be sharp and quiet and clean. You'll be happy yo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have been here twice now both staying and using the meeting facility both times. What really stands out to me is the exceptional service and willingness to help and create a great guest experience. The staff could not do enough for us, doing their very best to accommodate every request, smiling, listening and taking personal responsibility for getting our needs met. A special thank you to Keith Allen, Javier and Sam at the front desk and Oscar in the kitchen. Everyone was great - these folks went above and beyond almost daily.

What would make the stay a 5? The service WAS a 5! Better systems in the meeting room for video and audio.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

For anyone traveling with a pooch, finding a hotel that is truly accommodating can be a challenge. My husband works in Costa Mesa regularly, and we have always stayed in this hotel. Before it was a Crowne Plaza, it was fine...a nice experience, but nothing that inspired me to write a glowing review.

Dog owners have access to lovely patches of grass located conveniently near their rooms. Waste bags are provided, which can really come in handy, and encouraged everyone to take care of the area. I also appreciated the little paw print hang tag for the door to alert the staff that my dog was inside. Dogs are also welcome in the outside lounge area off the dining room, which is fantastic. Smart, too, since the longer dog owners can hang out with their canines, the more money we'll spend on food and drink.

Another change since I've last visited is the updated dining and bar area...and a late-night happy hour that serves a GREAT burger! Andrew behind the bar is awesome! A friend who drove down from L.A. to see us commented that the burger alone was worth the trip. That's saying a lot!

The staff is friendly and professional, and I'm so grateful for the hotel shuttle to and from nearby locations.

We'll be back soon and I'm looking forward to another peaceful, welcoming stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Overall, the staff makes the Crown Plaza is a great place to stay. Imelda always took the time to make me feel like a friend and listen to my work stories. Thank You Imelda!

Much Love to all the Staff :-)