“Impeccable Service at the Crowne Plaza Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Long Beach, California
“Impeccable Service at the Crowne Plaza Hotel”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently spent three days at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, during a staycation of sorts. The hotel grounds were very well maintained. I found my hotel room to be comfortable. The food at the on-site restaurant was delicious. Most of all, I was impressed with the hotel staff. The staff members I encountered were all incredibly polite, accommodating and eager to ensure that I had a pleasant stay at the hotel. I would definitely stay at this Crowne Plaza Hotel again, if the need arises.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference, which was well hosted by the hotel. But the real draw was the wonderful hotel! All the staff was so friendly (thank you Javier, Sam, and all the front desk people!), and the restaurant was EXCELLENT. Great food, and generous happy hour specials (late night, too), and the service was outstanding. Jeremy was our private waiter, it seemed, and he was great. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and relaxing, and the pool is lovely. The room was elegant yet casual and comfortable, and very quiet, and parking was close and easy. Really everything about this place was perfect. Being next to South Coast Plaza meant even more restaurants (and shopping) nearby, and it took only a few minutes to get to Newport Beach. Laguna Beach was also easy to get to. I did not visit Huntington Beach this time but know it is close as well. Plus, rumor has it we were very close to Disneyland...maybe next time... I will be back for SURE.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wyoming
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Crowne had good internet, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Javier and the rest of the staff were friendly and responsive. I had a very pleasant stay.

The bar/restaurant has great food and a nice patio.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We just stayed here for 3 days. We arrived late at night and had a few hick ups with a new credit card policy so we were told that night checking in. We have new cards so no raised #s on it. Next morning we came and was greeted by Javier he was very kind and helpful. He gave us an explanation and the guy the night before was wrong.He was very accommodating. I would give it all 5 except the night before with checking in was a little rough. Javier listened and went over and beyond to help us. He has great customer service skills and you can tell he really enjoys his job. We will stay again and only because Javier made us feel so welcomed. ...

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sweetkiwi6
Aldo C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Sweetkiwi6,

Thank you so much for your recent trip to the Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa. We are sorry about our credit procedures in place, guest security is a number one priority when it comes to your personal information. We are glad Javier was able to help you so that you could enjoy the rest of your stay. We hope to see you very soon here at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa.

Warm regards,

D 714 557-3000
F 714 957 8957
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was amazing! Our rooms was beautiful, AND CLEAN! Overall just an amazing weekend away. A special thanks to Javier at the front, Steve and Jeremy in food/beverage, and last but not least CHARLES!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Big Bear Region, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

From the moment we walked,in Javier was more than gracious. He was so positive, so welcoming, and made our trip so comfortable. We then were able to have most enjoyable lunch in the tavern. There too, we were greeted pleasantly, and enjoyed an absolutely wonderful meal. I don't remember his name, but we were there on July 13th. We also enjoyed room service the next night, and Jeremy, was also stellar. We had such a great time at the pool, that we stayed another night. Definitely will recommend this hotel to friends and family, and hope to visit you in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah W
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The third R is for romance. We were in the area for a social event and checked in with no problems at around 4 pm. After "settling" into our room we went down to the bar, got a drink (good and strong) and headed to the pool area.

They really try hard here! The room is very nicely decorated, modern with excellent Templespa products. I had fun with the rest, relax, restore package in the room. The bed is wonderful and perfectly firm for me with a soft topper. I have a bad back so this is important. A/c is the in-window variety and we got a little confused because the only button that worked was the on/off switch. We didn't realize there was a thermostat on the wall and there was no sign on the unit (hence, you lost that 5th star). The water was nice but the sink in the bath drained very slow (216). Not a big deal at all. I loved the room and was impressed.
The pool area has obviously been redone and includes cabanas and plenty of chairs and loungers. With the limited space they have, they did a great job here. The vibe is nice and while at first I wanted the water hotter, the temps turned out perfect for hanging out and visiting with other guests. The next morning I snuck out of the room at 7am (when pool area opens) for a soak and when I asked for a pool towel, the housekeeper smiled and was super responsive to my request. I want some of whatever breakfast she eats. Thank you pool lady!
The in-house restaurant, Fireside Grill, was a superb experience. We opted to sit our on the patio that featured these amazing fire-pits. The ambiance was smooth and relaxed. We ordered the Macaroni and Cheese, Tomato salad and Fish and Chips. All those dishes were exceptional especially the mac-n-cheese which had this kind of smokey flavor. I'm no foodie but I think you can be pretty comfortable eating here. It was to die for. The server was quick and authentic in his communication. I wish I could remember his name but for reference he looked like he might fit into the cast of The Vampire Diaries. I really liked him and it made our experience that much better.
Overall, I would strongly recommend this hotel and hope to come back and stay again when up in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple