“Best Event Ever!”

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
“Best Event Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I coordinated a high school class reunion at the Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa for a group of approximately 50 persons. Crowne Plaza Captain, Mr. Oscar Guzman,made our event the best ever! Oscar is attentive, courteous, helpful and there when you need him. He is experienced in all facets of managing an event seamlessly serving our group efficiently and going the extra mile to address individual requests such as providing carafes of ice tea at the coffee table. We really enjoyed working with Mr. Guzman and recommend him highly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Unlike the surrounding hotels that cater to tourists and kids, this hotel is primarily a business hotel which means it is quiet, efficient, and straightforward. No extra "resort" fees for parking, wifi, etc. The hotel restaurant is quite good with actual cooked food, not microwaved frozen stuff. We had a room that faced Bristol and were concerned about noise but overall it was acceptably quiet. We will be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family. Location is very convenient to John Wayne airport, South Coast Plaza shopping and other locations...The room, although just a bit small was clean, comfortable bed and quiet. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed the breakfast options of buffet or choice from the menu as part of our room package. We did not have to pay for parking because we were always able to find a spot on the front side of the hotel open parking lot. The hotel also included free wifi. We will stay at this hotel on return trips to the area.

Room Tip: We had a room on an upper floor, facing Bristol St and found it to be very quiet. Did not notice an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen W
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

....Is all I can say for this particular visit. I've stayed her on a few occassions when i visit for business. Rooms are great, clean and the lobby is finally done and looks awesome. Rooms can be a bit small, but very well put together. Beds are comfy and i absolutely love the rain shower heads.

The gym is not too bad, restaurant is good enough to eat in and you can find quite a few restaurants in the area; plus the mall. There is a neighborhood right behind the hotel and the night crowds at the gas stations in the area can be a bit shady. I like to run when I travel, but not feeling all that safe running any where around this area.

Two misses on this trip 1) as a rewards member I was given the cold shoulder for booking on a prepay business website. Like really??? I felt like I was being punished for not booking directly with the hotel and not given any reward points 2) I get it's summer, but they need to enforce the pool hours (shut the kids up at least by 11 p.m. and don't allow the maids to clean rooms at 10:30 at night ,<-- what, what???

I'll really have to think hard on whether or not my rain showerhead is worth a return visit. I'll let y'all know.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently spent three days at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, during a staycation of sorts. The hotel grounds were very well maintained. I found my hotel room to be comfortable. The food at the on-site restaurant was delicious. Most of all, I was impressed with the hotel staff. The staff members I encountered were all incredibly polite, accommodating and eager to ensure that I had a pleasant stay at the hotel. I would definitely stay at this Crowne Plaza Hotel again, if the need arises.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference, which was well hosted by the hotel. But the real draw was the wonderful hotel! All the staff was so friendly (thank you Javier, Sam, and all the front desk people!), and the restaurant was EXCELLENT. Great food, and generous happy hour specials (late night, too), and the service was outstanding. Jeremy was our private waiter, it seemed, and he was great. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and relaxing, and the pool is lovely. The room was elegant yet casual and comfortable, and very quiet, and parking was close and easy. Really everything about this place was perfect. Being next to South Coast Plaza meant even more restaurants (and shopping) nearby, and it took only a few minutes to get to Newport Beach. Laguna Beach was also easy to get to. I did not visit Huntington Beach this time but know it is close as well. Plus, rumor has it we were very close to Disneyland...maybe next time... I will be back for SURE.

Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Crowne had good internet, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Javier and the rest of the staff were friendly and responsive. I had a very pleasant stay.

The bar/restaurant has great food and a nice patio.