“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great staff and great hotel. Lots of nearby shopping and restaurants. I stayed here the weekend of March 8th while attending an 80th birthday party in the area. Upon check-in I asked for a room with a lake view and was accommodated. I know several mentioned the fact that the hotel was a bit dated, but the rooms for very clean and nicely appointed. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor with a lake view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I booked this Marriott instead of staying in the overcrowded Anaheim area for a conference we were attending. Loved the property - great location (only 12 miles from Anaheim convention center) with shopping, great restaurants nearby. The pool area is very nice with a firepit and warmers for cool evenings. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were here for a family 60th wedding anniversary celebration We stayed two or three nights. The family had made special arrangements, including free parking and some other perks. Unfortunately, we had jumped the gun and made our reservations before the special arrangements were announced. Management gave us the free parking, but I think we missed out on the other benefits of the group plan. Not a problem - I don't even remember what they were now.

The party went off pretty well. Some outsiders sneaked in and managed to get some drinks at the bar without paying, but the family made good so the bartenders didn't get stuck. Otherwise it came off without a hitch.

$13 wi-fi in the room, free in the lobby, as is usual at this chain. Good experience overall.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

What an amazing hotel. My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for a business trip recently and we were not disappointed. THe staff is second to none, the beds are fabulous and the breakfast is more than worth the $19.00 cost. If you are looking to stay in Costa Mesa, this hotel should be your first choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake/pool area. It's breathtaking!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin?! My boyfriend and I booked this place for our little Valentine's day weekend. We were able to check in early by two hours and was placed on the tenth floor with a lake view (you must get the lake view, its relaxing). The staff is AMAZING; everyone says hello and everyone always asks how is the stay going.

We had the parking and breakfast package which I must say is the best deal to go with! You save a lot of money (parking is $21 and buffet breakfast for two was $38, but all covered with AAA discount as well).

One minor flaw, I believe there is a floor designated for smoking or someone was breaking the rules but unfortunately the vents are connected. The smell traveled fast and hit our bathroom (I called to make sure we weren't charged for the smell, they found the issue and offered to move us, we declined because we were checking out the next day) Honestly with having such a great stay and a top-notch staff, that flaw didn't mess with our stay. I am just writing so future guests can call and not get charged (you never know).

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am giving this rating because of the wonderful service I received this weekend from Nancy. After booking the Marriott in Irvine and checking in and our room being "unavailable" the Marriott Irvine started looking for other places for 2 doubles beds. We waited for about 30 mins until the supervisor came and said the Marriott Costa Mesa has room. We were greeted by Nancy which I believe was the manager and she was wonderful. She gave us a room which fit our needs and also included breakfast. She made our weekend getaway much more enjoyable since the Marriott Irvine couldn't. The Marriott Irvine just stressed me out, they charged us and we had to go back and ask why..it was just a mess and was super crowded. The Marriott Costa Mesa was down the street from south coast. The pool was amazing! (the pool at Marriott Irvine was under construction too!) They had a fire pit and all the rooms were like mini suites.

Again, Nancy made everything better and less stressful and this is to thank her!!

Room Tip: I think the room could use a little updating but overall everything was clean and great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are all small suites consisting of a living area with sofa, desk and small kitchenette with a sink, fridge and coffee machine. The TV in this room is a good size, but oddly placed in the room so that moving the sofa would be necessary if you actually wanted to watch it (fortunately, I didn't).

The bedroom was a decent size with another TV and there was a separate bathroom. My bedroom on the third floor had a view onto Anton Boulevard, and plenty of natural light.

There are no safes in the bedrooms, not great for a business hotel these days. The whole place had a slightly dated feel.

The breakfast choice was reasonable; the made-to-order omelettes were really good.

The hotel's nearest competitor is the Westin, just a short distance up the road. Having now stayed at both, I would probably choose the Westin next time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mike C, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott and for providing us with detailed and candid feedback regarding you stay. Our aim is to accommodate all of our guests as best as possible and to create memorable experiences. As such, I thank you for the specific information you have provided us with, as we will use this information to better the stay of all of our guests.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott, we look forward to hosting you on your next stay with us.