“Great stay”

Costa Mesa Marriott
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Angela at the front desk made us feel very welcomed! Staff throughout the venue were very nice. The rooms were comfortable. It was a great location for what we wanted to do. What else can I say except it was a great stay. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel is a winner! Rooms are clean, the staff are great, beds are comfortable, the hotel is quiet, there is an In and Out Burger just down the road, and South Coast Plaza is waiting for you only minutes away. Try the breakfast buffet, or the Marriott Burger. Michael and Leah made my stays at this Marriott property truly enjoyable. None of my requests have ever been a problem. Look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great staff and great hotel. Lots of nearby shopping and restaurants. I stayed here the weekend of March 8th while attending an 80th birthday party in the area. Upon check-in I asked for a room with a lake view and was accommodated. I know several mentioned the fact that the hotel was a bit dated, but the rooms for very clean and nicely appointed. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor with a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I booked this Marriott instead of staying in the overcrowded Anaheim area for a conference we were attending. Loved the property - great location (only 12 miles from Anaheim convention center) with shopping, great restaurants nearby. The pool area is very nice with a firepit and warmers for cool evenings. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were here for a family 60th wedding anniversary celebration We stayed two or three nights. The family had made special arrangements, including free parking and some other perks. Unfortunately, we had jumped the gun and made our reservations before the special arrangements were announced. Management gave us the free parking, but I think we missed out on the other benefits of the group plan. Not a problem - I don't even remember what they were now.

The party went off pretty well. Some outsiders sneaked in and managed to get some drinks at the bar without paying, but the family made good so the bartenders didn't get stuck. Otherwise it came off without a hitch.

$13 wi-fi in the room, free in the lobby, as is usual at this chain. Good experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

What an amazing hotel. My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here for a business trip recently and we were not disappointed. THe staff is second to none, the beds are fabulous and the breakfast is more than worth the $19.00 cost. If you are looking to stay in Costa Mesa, this hotel should be your first choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake/pool area. It's breathtaking!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin?! My boyfriend and I booked this place for our little Valentine's day weekend. We were able to check in early by two hours and was placed on the tenth floor with a lake view (you must get the lake view, its relaxing). The staff is AMAZING; everyone says hello and everyone always asks how is the stay going.

We had the parking and breakfast package which I must say is the best deal to go with! You save a lot of money (parking is $21 and buffet breakfast for two was $38, but all covered with AAA discount as well).

One minor flaw, I believe there is a floor designated for smoking or someone was breaking the rules but unfortunately the vents are connected. The smell traveled fast and hit our bathroom (I called to make sure we weren't charged for the smell, they found the issue and offered to move us, we declined because we were checking out the next day) Honestly with having such a great stay and a top-notch staff, that flaw didn't mess with our stay. I am just writing so future guests can call and not get charged (you never know).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 18 in Newport Beach
Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa

Been to Costa Mesa Marriott? Share your experiences!