“Convenient to OC Airport”

Costa Mesa Marriott
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Typical no surprises Marriott. Rooms are all small suites. Decor a bit dated but clean. Usual Marriott outstanding service.Not very many dining choices if you don't have a car. Shuttle service available from OC airport.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Costa Mesa Marriott

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night. It was a nice property, and looks as though the lobby and grounds were renovated recently. The rooms are all suites. They are nice but nothing luxurious and the decor feels a bit dated. But the room was clean and everything was in working order. It's right near south coast plaza and all the dining. We ate breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning and food was good, nice selection and affordable. If there was a half star option I'd give it a 3.5 rating but since that's not an option and since it's not the newest, or best place in the area, I think a 4 star is too much. But all in all, it was a nice stay!!

Room Tip: Request a lake/pool view on higher floor for nice scenery
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott!

We greatly appreciate your time and want to thank you for detailed comments. Our leadership team will review the feedback you provided for consideration on how to make our guest's stays brilliant and unforgettable each and every stay.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott! We look forward to hosting you on your next stay.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

First timers at this Marriott, will definitely be back. Terrific value for the price, get a nice suite with more sq footage than the Westin for less than half the price, the only drawback is being about 200 yes further away from South Coast Plaza than Westin is but for $125 or so less per night I'll walk a few minutes more---only reason I hold back that 5th star is no valet parking and limited bell staff, kinda weird for an otherwise top shelf hotel---and if you're offered the breakfast option jump on it, omelet chef alone worth the price!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikeinscca
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stay at Marriott Ctyards all the time. This one was well run, v. conveniently located near OC airport. Entry to the hotel is tricky - had to find the entrance, do a U turn and self park late at night which I did not like but....c'est la vie. Comfortable Ctyard and good amenities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

After a terrible experience with another hotel, the front desk at Marriott more than made up for the horrible experience saving the remainder of my trip -- making it a trip to remember. I definitely will be coming back. The hotel is very clean, looks updated, hot breakfast (eggs, sausages, bacon, biscuit/gravy, hot cereal, cold cereal, yogurt, breads, pastries, sliced fresh fruit, and many others); my scrambled eggs were even freshly cooked just for me. I didn't feel rushed to have breakfast either as it closes late (11 or 12 depending on the day of the week). The surroundings around the hotel - perfect for a peaceful, tranquil walk. There is a walkway meandering around a water feature with fountains and bubbling brook sounds. I'm sure there a pictures on the net to see this. The trees, grass, shrubs - all well maintained. I was given complimentary parking which I so appreciated. Traveling alone, I felt safe in the room, it was fairly quiet. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spacious, towels were plush. The bed was very comfortable (I don't like super hard/sort beds). I can't wait to bring my entire family here.

Room Tip: I heard from other travelers that not all Marriotts are the same. I have to say, this one in 500 An...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 675EmB
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I took my family for the weekend to have a mini vacation at the happiest place on earth... Disneyland! :) At check in we had a wonderful experience with, I think her name was Jena ( hope I got the name correct). She was so friendly and all smiles. She was very kind in giving my family a good view of the pool for our rooms and was very helpful with any questions. As an associate of Marriott I was impress with their service. Also Mika ( not sure if I'm spelling it correct?) was very kind and helpful as well. I could see the experience of 9 years working in the company with such excellent service and he genuinely enjoys his job. The rooms were so clean and large, can very easily accommodate a family of 3 -4 very comfortably and housekeeping always so helpful with a smile and a how can I help you? Yolanda and Ofelia thank you for having our room looking so nice and comfortable after a day of such adventure. I feel bad in not remembering the names of the staff in the breakfast area but let me tell you, everyone from the cooks, to our server, and the bar was so helpful. I must say that the Starbucks felt like it tasted better in this hotel because you just feel so at home. The pool is beautiful as well as the hotel with a feel of spring colors that make the place looks so inviting. I don't remember the gentleman that was helping me on the phone? He was very helpful with adding another room for my stay. This staff member was very kind and he really tried to look for any info or prices that the hotel was selling to make my family very comfortable. My family is very important to me so I really appreciated all of the staff kindness and honestly is not something I will never forget. I hope the manager of this property sees my comment and gives his staff a well deserved reward. I want everyone to see what a jewel this hotel is, especially because of the staff that works in this hotel :) Thank you again!!!!!

With love Family Cardenas and Randolph!

Room Tip: good for guest that have pets, very clean. the beds are like heaven. Only 15 minutes away from Disne...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is an all-suite property located in a lovely garden setting. We called and they said it was okay to check in early before noon on Saturday. At check-in, was recognized as a Marriott Gold member and given a nice room/suite on the very top floor, the 11th floor. We were granted a late check out of 3 PM, but were forewarned that we will be charged $35/hour if we stayed past that time!

Great location: the best thing about the Costa Mesa Marriott is the location. Easy walk to nearby theaters, restaurants and South Coast Plaza shopping. 5 minutes from SNA airport (John Wayne). This is a great base of operations if you visiting for business or pleasure, excepting for the parking charges. Parking here will set you back a whopping $23 per night!!!

Clean cozy room with two beds and a sleeper sofa for the four of us (me, wife, and two kids ages 3 & 5 years). Kinda small for all 4 of us, but it was okay for one night. Coffee machine, small fridge, desk, two flat screen HD TVs but not all channels are in HD. Tiny but very clean bathroom with good water pressure. Shower above tub.

Breakfast was comped because of my Gold elite status and it was good. Rodrigo made me a great omelet just like I ordered it. Your typical breakfast food items were on offer plus some Mexican dishes like breakfast burritos and delicious quesadilla. Great selection of fruits which were very fresh and of high quality. Coffee and juices served & refilled promptly, and my wife was also served a little cake for Mother's Day.

Beautiful little lake and gardens behind the hotel with direct access from the hotels lobby. We took a long walk with the kids after breakfast watching the birds and the colorful huge fish inhabiting the waters. In the afternoon, we went to the pool and had a whole cabana to ourselves. Fresh towels were replenished regularly and promptly by the staff. We played and swam with the kids and had great time at the pool

At the lobby's computer terminals corner, a gentleman, without introducing himself first, gave my wife a long-stem flower for mother's day. I looked at his name tag trying to get his name to thank him, he disparagingly said to me "what do you want? a flower too?" making a joke at my expense. After I told him I wanted to see his tag, he told me that he was the operations manager ... really? I rightfully let this slide as the staff redeemed themselves later ... when we checked out, we forgot jewelry and a watch in our room. We drove back and the housekeeping manager personally retrieved the items for us. Thank you for your honesty.

All in all a good stay and will stay here again provided the rates are reasonable. This property is recommended if you are in the area.

More photos of our stay can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/sets/72157644675620153/

Room Tip: If you like to watch airplanes landing, get a room on a high floor facing south.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family