“E for Excellent in trying to make things right.”

Costa Mesa Marriott
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
“E for Excellent in trying to make things right.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel before and love the convenience of the location.
This trip was a two week stay. Upon my arrival I inspected the room for cleanliness. I take photos of issues as a way to validate my experiences and review.
Issues- The drawer to the tv stand in the bedroom had a large blood like stain. The wall across the desk had dirty splash spots all over. Neither of the telephones worked to dial out. I had to use my cell to call front desk or room service. I could not retrieve my messages. Coffee cups were not replaced daily so I couldn't take my coffee or orange juice to go. My new personal soap was discarded. One day no towels were replaced. Room service tray with fruit dip was left in room for two days. Room service order tag was never replaced daily so I had to call each morning which was a hassle when using my personal phone. The Do not disturb/Privacy sign was on the second night and someone came in anyway and appeared to do a turndown service. This was the only night turndown service was done.
I did not share all of these issues with the front desk due to timing. However once my soap was discarded, I had enough and expressed my concern over the continued phone issue. The hotel operations manager had it all taken care of immediately and sincerely apologized and personally delivered a complementary gift. He further followed up with me the next day to ensure everything was to my satisfaction.
And this is why I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Orange, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We live local, but wanted to spend a night out for dinner and a movie. This is a great location as it's close to theaters, the Segerstrom center and lots of restaurants. South Coast Plaza is just down the street for shopping. Our room was spacious and clean. They have a nice bar downstairs and the bartender was very friendly. The only compliant would be the $23 charge for overnight parking. Hotels will always lose a star when they charge me to park my own car at their location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Typical no surprises Marriott. Rooms are all small suites. Decor a bit dated but clean. Usual Marriott outstanding service.Not very many dining choices if you don't have a car. Shuttle service available from OC airport.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
San Marcos, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for one night. It was a nice property, and looks as though the lobby and grounds were renovated recently. The rooms are all suites. They are nice but nothing luxurious and the decor feels a bit dated. But the room was clean and everything was in working order. It's right near south coast plaza and all the dining. We ate breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning and food was good, nice selection and affordable. If there was a half star option I'd give it a 3.5 rating but since that's not an option and since it's not the newest, or best place in the area, I think a 4 star is too much. But all in all, it was a nice stay!!

Room Tip: Request a lake/pool view on higher floor for nice scenery
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Costa Mesa Marriott!

We greatly appreciate your time and want to thank you for detailed comments. Our leadership team will review the feedback you provided for consideration on how to make our guest's stays brilliant and unforgettable each and every stay.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott! We look forward to hosting you on your next stay.
Rancho Mirage, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

First timers at this Marriott, will definitely be back. Terrific value for the price, get a nice suite with more sq footage than the Westin for less than half the price, the only drawback is being about 200 yes further away from South Coast Plaza than Westin is but for $125 or so less per night I'll walk a few minutes more---only reason I hold back that 5th star is no valet parking and limited bell staff, kinda weird for an otherwise top shelf hotel---and if you're offered the breakfast option jump on it, omelet chef alone worth the price!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikeinscca
Leawood, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stay at Marriott Ctyards all the time. This one was well run, v. conveniently located near OC airport. Entry to the hotel is tricky - had to find the entrance, do a U turn and self park late at night which I did not like but....c'est la vie. Comfortable Ctyard and good amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

After a terrible experience with another hotel, the front desk at Marriott more than made up for the horrible experience saving the remainder of my trip -- making it a trip to remember. I definitely will be coming back. The hotel is very clean, looks updated, hot breakfast (eggs, sausages, bacon, biscuit/gravy, hot cereal, cold cereal, yogurt, breads, pastries, sliced fresh fruit, and many others); my scrambled eggs were even freshly cooked just for me. I didn't feel rushed to have breakfast either as it closes late (11 or 12 depending on the day of the week). The surroundings around the hotel - perfect for a peaceful, tranquil walk. There is a walkway meandering around a water feature with fountains and bubbling brook sounds. I'm sure there a pictures on the net to see this. The trees, grass, shrubs - all well maintained. I was given complimentary parking which I so appreciated. Traveling alone, I felt safe in the room, it was fairly quiet. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spacious, towels were plush. The bed was very comfortable (I don't like super hard/sort beds). I can't wait to bring my entire family here.

Room Tip: I heard from other travelers that not all Marriotts are the same. I have to say, this one in 500 An...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Costa Mesa Marriott? Share your experiences!