“Solid Hotel...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lexington, South Carolina
“Solid Hotel...”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great customer service at this Marriott. Does not have a Concierge Lounge, which is a bummer. Nice and clean room. Great location near South Coast Plaza Mall. They forgot to add parking to my room, which made getting out of the parking deck problematic. One visit to the front desk and it was resolved. I would stay here again, but prefer the Marriott in Irvine.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Las Vegas,NV
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My family of four stayed here 3 nights over the 4th of July weekend- we had a great time. Pool was great and buffet breakfast was well worth the $20 per person. Fresh and tasty. We had a king suite with sofa bed. Roomy and comfortable and clean. Close to freeway access and a TGI Friday right across the street. We played at Huntington Beach while there about a 20 minute drive. Would recommend to anyone and we would stay again. We got a great rate also. Parking fee of $23 per night is a bit much- but garGe is clean and easy to get in and out.

Stayed July 2014
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This Marriott is right in the middle of a heavy business area, so there's not a lot of personality to the area, but the hotel is nice and the staff is friendly. As a suites hotel, there is no concierge lounge, but they offered free breakfast in the lobby restaurant for my status. The restaurant food was well above average, and certainly better than what I would've gotten in the concierge lounge anyway.

Good location, nearby to many businesses, and a short drive to a big mall with restaurants/shops if needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lawrencemon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I visited California as a last minute birthday get-away. I used to live in the area many years ago so I was familiar with where I wanted to be. This hotel is conveniently located so I could travel to the beach, downtown LA or San Diego. The "all-suite" made it very roomy & comfortable. The pool area is set up with a Miami feel to it. My room was comfortable and clean daily with an abundance of towels & wash cloths. Service was prompt and efficient. I will definitely return here. The only thing I didn't like was the parking, it's a bit pricey about $23 a day and there is no street parking!

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel before and love the convenience of the location.
This trip was a two week stay. Upon my arrival I inspected the room for cleanliness. I take photos of issues as a way to validate my experiences and review.
Issues- The drawer to the tv stand in the bedroom had a large blood like stain. The wall across the desk had dirty splash spots all over. Neither of the telephones worked to dial out. I had to use my cell to call front desk or room service. I could not retrieve my messages. Coffee cups were not replaced daily so I couldn't take my coffee or orange juice to go. My new personal soap was discarded. One day no towels were replaced. Room service tray with fruit dip was left in room for two days. Room service order tag was never replaced daily so I had to call each morning which was a hassle when using my personal phone. The Do not disturb/Privacy sign was on the second night and someone came in anyway and appeared to do a turndown service. This was the only night turndown service was done.
I did not share all of these issues with the front desk due to timing. However once my soap was discarded, I had enough and expressed my concern over the continued phone issue. The hotel operations manager had it all taken care of immediately and sincerely apologized and personally delivered a complementary gift. He further followed up with me the next day to ensure everything was to my satisfaction.
And this is why I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Orange, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We live local, but wanted to spend a night out for dinner and a movie. This is a great location as it's close to theaters, the Segerstrom center and lots of restaurants. South Coast Plaza is just down the street for shopping. Our room was spacious and clean. They have a nice bar downstairs and the bartender was very friendly. The only compliant would be the $23 charge for overnight parking. Hotels will always lose a star when they charge me to park my own car at their location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Typical no surprises Marriott. Rooms are all small suites. Decor a bit dated but clean. Usual Marriott outstanding service.Not very many dining choices if you don't have a car. Shuttle service available from OC airport.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Costa Mesa Marriott? Share your experiences!