“Management Works With The Police And Management is Horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Costa Mesa

Motel 6 Costa Mesa
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Newport Beach, California
“Management Works With The Police And Management is Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

worst hotels i have ever stayed at they charge you $2.99 for WIFI but it goes in and out and most of the time its down and they will not refund it and if u want it fixed you have to call the internet provider to fix it there is drugs everywhere there and a bunch of black hookers and crack heads and the rooms smell like mildew and to top it off it the manager who is this tall ugly fat girl and she sees any weird activity going on she will call the cops but this was because i was 2 hourslate on paying for the room because i was at work!!! Cops came put me in handcuffs and tore up my room DON'T NOT STAY HERE TRUST ME!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ALL ROOMS ARE DRUG ROOMS so pick one by the trah can
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stomperoc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This place was the bottom of the barrel. The had the worst customer service I have ever seen and made you feel like they were doing you a favor by staying there. We were so disgusted that we were checking into another hotel and because we were 30 minutes past the time to check out, they called the police to say we were trespassing. If I was a crack head like most of the people staying there, I would never stay again. Save yourself the trouble and just sleep in car or on the street, you will be treated better.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ilan K
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our room was small, clean, well maintained and inexpensive, just what you expect from a Motel 6. We stayed there because we were travelling with our dog and Motel 6 allows pets. Their location is right by the 405 freeway and Harbor Blvd. making it central to that part of Orange County. Although the freeway was close by, we heard no traffic noise in our room, which faced the pool. There is a great selection of restaurants and fast food places nearby. Denny's and Burger King are next door, In 'N Out Burger is across the street on Harbor Blvd, there's an IHOP and Taco Bell down the street, and on and on. If you are looking for convenience and an inexpensive place to stay, this Motel 6 is a good choice,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
Semarang, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This time, I would like to share my recent experience in staying at Motel 6 in Costa Mesa back in December 2013. It all started when both of me and wife were trying to find a safe and clean motel accommodation in Orange County area as we were driving back from San Diego to Los Angeles in the evening.

It was not too hard for us to find this motel as I used GPS to find it. As far as location concerns, I believe this motel is better located than the one in Newport Beach but that's about all. When we both arrived in late evening, we immediately got our room within five (5) minutes. Our room was in the street level (which was nice) as we had quite a number of luggage with us.

Our room was not really clean when we entered it but it was okay for us for the price we paid but personally, I would probably think twice to stay here. The Motel 6 Newport Beach is slightly better when it comes to room maintenance. However, as we only stayed for couple of hours (checked-in after 10:30 pm and out around 8:00 am), I had nothing to complain about as we both could get a decent sleep during our stay.

Overall, I would recommend this motel to anyone who happens to be in the area and looking for inexpensive motel accommodation to stay for the night but don't expect too much as there is basically nothing in there. Only a small room with so so bed to sleep on.

Room Tip: Get a room in the street level should you carry few luggage
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great place to stay when you visit Costa Mesa and the beaches in the area ... really close to Hingway 1, the staff is nice, the rooms are clean ..smell a bit strange .... there are enough places to eat nearby, Denny's, Inn & Out Burger on walking distance .. the pool is clean ... prices are okay too .... :)

Room Tip: There is another Motel 6 really close, but allmost twice the money ... stick to this one !!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DiabloDesigns v
Oakdale, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I got here to check in at 12:30am, after a long drive. I had to use the walk up window, stand outside and freeze. He charged my credit card for the whole stay which was over $100 than my confirmation email stated. He had to call someone while I froze for another 20 minutes and he came and told me he'd give me a refund of the difference. He gave me the keys, I went to the room, they didn't work. Went back to the office to a sign that said he went on brake be back in 15. I called him and luckily he answered. Swiped the keys and I went back to a room with two full beds, not what I reserved, and my nonsmoking room smelled a whole lot like a Vegas Casino. I called him to see where the king bed was and he said that's not what the reservation was for and I said yes it was and asked to move rooms, to which he responded they are sold out and I can talk to the manager in the morning. So we shall see how that goes.

• Stayed July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Think of this as camping with indoor plumbing (and even that was kind of questionable). Rooms are all non-smoking and all are equipped with ashtrays to tell you that---no wonder they all smell like smoke. No coffee makers or hair dryers—just your basic bed, dresser and small tv. This place works if you’re looking for a cheap place to stay and are not planning to spend much time in your room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
#6 of 23 in Costa Mesa
Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach
No photo provided
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach

Been to Motel 6 Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!