“Clean,comfortable,inexpensive motel”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
San Diego, California
“Clean,comfortable,inexpensive motel”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Clean,well managed motel. Enjoyed the two queen size beds instead of the typical doubles. Beds were firm which I like but wife doesn't. Everything worked properly - shower, TV, AC,etc. Front desk clerk offered to make me a fresh pot of coffee for me the evening we arrived.Free coffee every morn @ 7am is nice. Sink was outside of bathroom rather then inside bathroom ,like other M6's we stayed at. I saved a few dollars reserving over internet. $3 charge for internet in room - would like to get that free. I would definitely return to this motel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sdned

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Frankfurt
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Let's be honest, I wouldn't spend two weeks of vacation in this motel, but for one night as a stop on my way to San Diego, it was totally worth the price. Close to the 405, restaurants, supermarkets; relatively close to the beach. Of course it's a non-smoking motel now, of course you can still smell the 'smokers paradise', but the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank sunsetd
Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2008

The Motel was Great! It was close to everything. Food, shopping, entertainment and the beach! The price was certainly cheaper than the surronding motels. The staff was friendly and my room was clean and comfy. This was my first time in Costa Mesa as I traveled there on business. I don't normally stay at motel 6 but as changes were made in my business schedule and pretty much the whole town was booked up, I was lucky enough to find a room at this motel. However there was one thing i did'nt understand. Why was there an ashtray put upside down with a non smoking sticker on it in a non smoking room? I mean what would be the reason for that? I don't get it! but otherwise my stay was pleasant.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank litig8
San Jose
Reviewed 29 August 2007

This was an inexpensive clean motel (except for the air), very conveniently located near the highways and fast food chains, and with a nice big swimming pool. The smoking issue is important to us because we were traveling with an infant. However, our nonsmoking wing was occupied mostly by people who smoked in the doorways of their nonsmoking rooms. They were helped by the ashtrays left in the rooms that had 'no smoking' signs stuck to them. Leaving ashtrays in nonsmoking rooms? How dumb is that? It was also extremely annoying that in the morning the housekeepers kept asking us 3 or 4 times if we were out of the room yet..like they wanted to get to work early so they could leave early. However, if you are the type of person who doesn't mind cigarettes, is OK with staying in a commercial area, and who likes to chat with the staff, I would recommend this motel. It is quite inexpensive for the area.

• Liked — Quiet room
  • Disliked — A lot of cigarette smoke in nonsmoking areas