“Great Hotel”

Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were very large and comfortable. The staff was great. The location is fair,but the hotel does offer a shuttle within the local area which makes it very convenient. I truly look forward to my next visit to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincent M
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments on to our staff. The shuttle is great to get you anywhere within 5 miles which includes South Coast Plaza, the Fairgrounds, and John Wayne Airport. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Booked a 2 bedroom suite for my fiancé 2 weeks before our wedding so she could get away with friends. I reserved the room through their reservation service on the phone and was told the room would come out to 239.00 for the night. At no time did the reservation specialist inform me of the 850$ weekend party fee. Once my fiancé checked in the staff ( who was very rude and unhelpful) informed her of the charge but since it was already the day for the reservation the room could not be cancelled without a penalty. The 850$ fee was charged to my credit card WITHOUT authorization! Thanks Residence Inn from taking $ 850 out of our wedding savings fund! Great way to treat a frequent Marriott customer and rewards member!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jordanballa20
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

I am so sorry about the miscommunication regarding the charges we put on your credit card. The authorization hold was released the day of check out and funds should of been available that week. Again, I apologize for the lack of communication

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I wanted to spend the weekend in Newport Beach but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel since technically it's not too far from my house (I live in LA) and I could drive to and from OC in a day. I had my dog with me as well. I found this hotel that is dog friendly and because it's a little off the beaten path it's not as pricy as the other hotels in the area. I had a studio room that was so spacious by studio standards. It was very welcoming, clean and incredibly cozy. I actually remember thinking I wished I was staying an extra day or 2. The bed was so comfortable and it just felt like home away from home. I also liked how each room had it's own entrance from outside as if you were entering an apartment directly from the parking lot. The hotel is set up like an apartment building complex. The breakfast in the morning was the typical hot Residence Inn breakfast, no complaints. There way also a few food places in the area for dinner (delivery and sit down).

The location really wasn't far from where I wanted to be at all - a 10-15 minute drive to Balboa Island (which is a gorgeous area to spend the day). I honestly had set my standards low just because it was off of the beaten path but I was thoroughly impressed with the hotel, from quality to price to location to service. A nice budget friendly find if you want to spend the weekend in the Newport Beach area without feeling too guilty about spending money. I'm a huge fan of Marriott but I really wasn't expecting much from them on this trip... nice surprise Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NJGirlvTheWorld
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am excited to hear you were pleasantly surprised and glad to hear you felt right at home here. Please come back and visit us next time you are in Costa Mesa.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have stayed at this location on several occasions and it is always consistent. The property is an average Residence Inn but the staff was extra friendly on my last visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike C
Suecooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and our property. Will pass your comments onto our staff. Hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I were happy to use a free night for our Marriott rewards account, and enjoyed a "parents night out" along with a nice gourmet dinner. This property is nicely located close to the Costa Mesa mall or the Orange County fairgrounds. When we were there it was crowded with families taking advantage of the large rooms, and included meals....the breakfast was quite adequate for our needs, with hot foods, make yourself waffles, cerials, oatmeal etc.. Our room was a "studio" which included a sitting area, full kitchen and king bed/bath. The pool area is a bit small we thought for the size of the hotel, not too many lounges, but it had a firepit with sofa/chairs around it there as well, along with some outdoor tables. During the week they provide a hosted happy hour and dinner, nice for business folks and also the families can save some money. This type of hotel is very nice having your own kitchen facilities to use if you need to. The room was quiet enough and we would return if the need arises.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenneth Q

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The suites are spacious and so glad you enjoyed having a kitchen in the suite. Will share your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is my third stay here going back four years now. I think the hotel's standards have gone down each time I have visited. The breakfast selection remains good, but overall quality seems to be down. The rooms have gone through a refurb, but I'm not seeing much. House keeping has weird schedules which makes it difficult to plan during a one week stay. Great central OC location.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. I will talk to our staff to educate guests on our housekeeping schedule and to let us know a preference of when they would like to have service. We have upgraded our suites and we do ongoing work to help improve our product.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Well, it IS a Marriott property after all. Clean rooms and service that you would come to expect from any hotel. All around a super positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay here in Costa Mesa. I am happy to hear that we lived up to the Marriott Standard of Service you have come to expect.