“Perefct Value...”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Perefct Value...”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed with our two kids for 9 days. Extremely clean & punctual housekeeping staff (Mexican Housekeeping Neat-Clean Culture). Front desk were extremely informative of the area & very helpful. Location is extremely accessible to next door Dry-Cleaning (including serviced wash & fold), The Vons Supermarket is few minutes away by car as well as the well-known Coast Plaza Upscale Shopping mall. Many options of restaurant are also few minutes away by car and some are one minute walk away.They also serve basic but good breakfast in the morning as part of the stay. Parking is Free & front of your accommodation normally.

The only little issue I had is, since we booked the penthouse which is normally in a second floor, I had to carry the luggage up & down the stairs. Beds also were too soft may need to have relatively firmer mattresses.

I highly recommend this property against The Marriott Coast Villas located in Newport Beach which we also have stayed in towards our vacation end. Big difference from all aspects specially for the value of money, location convenience & housekeeping standards.

Room Tip: If you would need two rooms, and have plenty of luggage, better to book two separate units in the gr...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Our Penthouse Suites are so great for families with the two bedrooms and bathrooms. Unfortunately, they are located on the second floor of the buildings and you do have to navigate the stairs with your luggage. Next time please let us know and we will have our staff bring all your luggage to the room and also help when you are checking out. I am so happy you were able to enjoy all the local shopping and dining options we have – and there are lots to choose from. We hope that you and your family will come visit us next time you are in the Costa Mesa/Newport Beach area!
Sue Cooke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I am a business traveler and would stay in 2 properties a week on an average. For the most part, my experience with hotels particularly those rated 3+ stars are excellent. Any issues as long as it doesn't ruin my day I really do not complain. But my stay with the Residence Inn in Costa Mesa is the most remembered and the recovery the front desk has made. Here's why.

I came in late due to flight disruptions so if you can imagine how I look forward to the bed. Second, I was feeling sick so the more I really looking forward to get some rest. But in the middle of the night, 2 people tried to come into my room and woke me up. I immediately yelled suggesting this room is taken and they left. I think the front desk inadvertently resold my room. Since then my sleep was erratic. The following day I was woozy. I called the front desk and told my experience. The lady by the name of Julie immediately apologized, and asked me if it would help if I can stay another night, giving me a complimentary stay. I thought, wow! This lady really was genuine on her offer and she handled the recovery superb that that night I sleep like a bay. The following day, I called for a check out, she recognized me and asked if I was feeling better. And I said yes. I asked if it is ok if their shuttle can take me straight to the car rental place nearby, instead of going to the airport the long way and pick up the shuttle back to the rental place. She ask me how soon I can get ready. The driver took me to the rental and he is wonderful (unfortunately I forgot to asked for his name). But back to Julie, she is simply the best in the service industry. And I can tell after dealing with hotel personnel, she is exceptional!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am so happy to hear how well Julie took care of you and was able to help you enjoy your stay after the issue you had the first night. I will be sure to share your comments with her and the staff and we really appreciate it. We hope we see you next time you are coming to Costa Mesa.
Sue Cooke
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. staff is helpful and nice but this is a very very average residence inn. nothing extraordinary. The rooms did smell a bit which was not the best. smelled like old food....Internet is however free in the rooms

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank t0309999
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we will certainly use them to improve as our goal is to provide an extraordinary stay for our guests. We hope to see you again!
oceansunset
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great place! we were a short drive to Newport beach, there are grocery stores, gas stations, and shopping centers near by, we were able to cook a few meals in the room's kitchen. The breakfast was great, they had ethnic foods to accommodate the diversity of guests. Our room was across the pool and we were concerned about the noise but it wasn't a problem at all. The housekeeping was done everyday. The hotel was comfortable and the employees extremely nice and welcoming. Great place to stay if you want to save some money and still be close to the beach!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass on your nice comments to our staff. We are so happy you got to relax and enjoy our breakfast buffet and enioy the nice location of our hotel. We hope to see you again next time you are in Costa Mesa!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We planned an impromptu trek to the beach with our toddler and booked this on the same night we stayed. Originally I was a big disappointed as I really wanted to stay much closer to the beach but this was the only thing available. In all actuality, it was not very far from the beach - about a 20 minute drive with traffic. The hotel had friendly staff, was clean, and quiet and being a Residence Inn, provided a comfortable room and enough space for 3 people to stay comfortably. We would definitely stay here again, if we plan on going back to spend more time in the Newport Beach area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank agirlinca
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank your for choosing our hotel for your last minute getaway! We are so happy you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the beach and enjoy some relaxing time. We hope to see you this summer for another fun weekend in Newport Beach!
Murrieta, California, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Everything about this hotel and our trip was wonderful. My husband was in Newport beach on business so we requested a quiet room on the top floor. Our request was granted, Our room was perfect. ALL the staff here are friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned everyday, Housekeeping does a great job. Breakfast was delicious with so much choice, A great way to start your day without having to hunt down a place to eat. The social hour provided dinner three nights for us. It was a great bonus when working all day to be able to eat onsite and then relax for the evening. The rooms are big and comfortable, Especially the bed and we loved having a full kitchen. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
We are so happy you took advantage of our delicious breakfast buffet and enjoyed the spacious rooms. I have passed on your comments to our Front Office Staff and Housekepeers and our entire staff is thrilled your stay was so enjoyable! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Very nice property with just two stories. Located in a quiet neighborhood a short drive from Newport Beach/Balboa in SoCal. The morning fog breaks early here and there's a pool on the property to relax beside during the warm afternoons. Good access to the beaches (Newport or Laguna) or Disneyland. A good choice if flying into Orange County Airport or doing business in nearby Irvine Tech Zone/Univ. of Calif Irvine.

Room Tip: No views from the second floor rooms (low-rise residential neighborhood surrounds the complex) so ta...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and our close proximity to so many attractions including Balboa Island which is a favorite. Remember, our complementary shuttle goes within 5 miles of the hotel so we can gladly pick you up from John Wayne Airport next time! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Orange County.